Sign in to follow this  
bmags

The Biggest Bummer of Day

Shut him down for the season if need be, especially in a year like this. Bummer is way too important in what we're trying to accomplish next season and beyond. 

• Like 2

Now this sucks.  Ugh the pitching injuries this year have just been awful.

This sounds like a false hope announcement.  He *could* be back but etc etc etc.  

He is far to valuable to rush in any way.  Ugh.  As much as the entire pen needs his stability.

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

God damn it. And we didn't go out and get any bullpen help?

• Thanks 3

Didn’t expect him back this year anyway. Sucks, but gotta hope we have enough and Bummer is back in 2021. Better than Tommy John or a shoulder.

3 minutes ago, flavum said:

Didn’t expect him back this year anyway. Sucks, but gotta hope we have enough and Bummer is back in 2021. Better than Tommy John or a shoulder.

And considering he's already had TJS in the past, it would be a near death blow for him. But at least he's financially secure for life so good for him regardless. 

Almost feel like the "Rodon coming back" and this "Bummer not coming back" threads will be combined into one once Rodon moves into the pen in a lefty reliever role.

23 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Now this sucks.  Ugh the pitching injuries this year have just been awful.

Lack of a solid spring training opportunity is my take on the injuries and not just the pitching. It has not been pretty 

23 hours ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Almost feel like the "Rodon coming back" and this "Bummer not coming back" threads will be combined into one once Rodon moves into the pen in a lefty reliever role.

I am all for Rodon reclaiming his role as a SP if that means Lopez heads to the pen.  I can understand why others feel differently. It's a real "pick your poison" scenario.

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I am all for Rodon reclaiming his role as a SP if that means Lopez heads to the pen.  I can understand why others feel differently. It's a real "pick your poison" scenario.

I actually like Rodon to turn into the Drew Pomeranz mold: former top LHP prospect ranking, never put it all together as a starter, finds success in a relief role

12 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

I actually like Rodon to turn into the Drew Pomeranz mold: former top LHP prospect ranking, never put it all together as a starter, finds success in a relief role

I think he would be great in the bullpen but he doesn't strike me as someone who will agree to do it

2 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I think he would be great in the bullpen but he doesn't strike me as someone who will agree to do it

He better get open to it. He’s not too far from an milb deal guy next season after a non tender. 

11 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Uh, he doesn't really have much of a choice as long as he is on the roster.

On 8/31/2020 at 3:39 PM, bmags said:

This is a really odd injury. The only nerves really associated with the bicep are the musculocuteaneous and the median. Neither of which routinely have compression issues which would last this long. My other thought is that since he had a previous UCL reconstruction, maybe he has an ulnar nerve transposition, which is commonly done, and the ulnar nerve became irritated. Puzzling. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tony said:

He's a huge, huge piece to what they want to accomplish at the back end of the pen. They've gotten by with guys like Foster and Detwiler being pretty awesome, but not sure how long that lasts. 

Apparently ... we shall find out.  Burdi's performance the other night was disappointing since I had high hopes for him.  Like others here I am hopeful that Rodon might find a home in a relief role.

4 hours ago, ptatc said:

This is a really odd injury. They only nerves really associated with the bicep are the musculocuteaneous and the median. Neither of which routinely have compression issues which would last this long. My other thought is that since he had a previous UCL reconstruction, maybe he has an ulnar nerve transposition, which is commonly done, and the ulnar nerve became irritated. Puzzling. 

😶 I’m getting the sense you’re tryin to tell me something.....

Hawk: you’re what hurts?