Yolmer added to roster, Goins DFA'd

MiddleCoastBias

4 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

So Moncada confirmed that he is struggling with post covid fatigue? I'm not saying I don't believe it, but i don't remember seeing that confirmed.

You do realize because of federal law, literally no one in a position of authority can say this publicly,  right?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

I'm just wondering why I constantly see people assuming he has post-covid fatigue. It clearly seems like a rare thing in athletes. Have you seen any source state that Moncada is suffering from it?

The guy has always had hamstring issues. Maybe it is that?

Just google post-covid symptoms and check out the CDC or Mayo Clinic. Fatigue is a quite common lingering side effect, even in young adults and can last for several months. 

Link: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-long-term-effects/art-20490351

"Many people who have recovered from SARS have gone on to develop chronic fatigue syndrome, a complex disorder characterized by extreme fatigue that worsens with physical or mental activity, but doesn't improve with rest. The same may be true for people who have had COVID-19."

55 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You do realize because of federal law, literally no one in a position of authority can say this publicly,  right?

Except for Moncada.  Which is what I think Yerm is asking, did Moncada specifically come out and say it.  Otherwise - to your point Mike, anything we have is pure speculation.  

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Just google post-covid symptoms and check out the CDC or Mayo Clinic. Fatigue is a quite common lingering side effect, even in young adults and can last for several months. 

Link: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-long-term-effects/art-20490351

If it doesn't improve with rest then what is the point of sitting him? 

9 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

IDK, we don't even know if that's what is ailing him. I literally don't know anything more than what you can find online. You'd need a doctor for that answer. I would assume eventually it slowly goes away (hopefully)?

10 minutes ago, jamesdiego said:

Yolmer should only see the field in emergencies or blow outs.  I’ll be pissed as fuck if (when?) Ricky starts giving him starts ahead of Mendick.  When Madrigal and Yoan are not out there Mendick needs to be in to keep developing his bat.  Ricky gonna Ricky isn’t he?

We could have used him yesterday with the gatorade bucket waiting for Robert! 

6 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

Because it's a brand-new virus that nobody knows entirely about yet?  If he feels better with rest, then rest him.   Doing nothing just because it maybe might not help anyways seems kinda counterintuitive.

7 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Sure it is. Do we know if he has it? Plenty of big named players in other sports are playing just fine post-covid. 

And some have heart issues and aren't playing at all this season.  So yeah.  Call me crazy but I'm gonna defer to the health experts treating him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

And some have heart issues and aren't playing at all this season.  So yeah.  Call me crazy but I'm gonna defer to the health experts treating him.

Great, now link me to the health experts saying he has post covid fatigue, since you are deferring to them

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

Because it's a brand-new virus that nobody knows entirely about yet?  If he feels better with rest, then rest him.   Doing nothing just because it maybe might not help anyways seems kinda counterintuitive.

But the problem won't go away and by the second game his legs go out again, if it is even Covid related. Rest him for 10 days or play him at third utilizing off days and the DH.