Yolmer added to roster, Goins DFA'd

MiddleCoastBias

On 8/31/2020 at 5:12 PM, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Because people can’t experience different symptoms? Plenty of cases with healthy individuals struggling post-virus With fatigue and cognitive function.

I don't believe that was his point. I think it was more taking issue with the strong implication that "This is what this is. Post COVID fatigue syndrome. Ain't it a shame?". 

I mean, it's a bit of an absurd comment. Based on literally zero information or knowledge of what Moncada is dealing with. It's being assumed by some here for no reason. 

In fact, Moncada's issue has been described as a leg injury. Yet, this "Post Covid Fatigue" narrative is being pushed despite DIRECT reports from the team. 

• Thanks 4

How could we possibly put Yolmer on the roster much less in the starting lineup. He couldn't even make the SF 60 man 

unit, now hes in the starting lineup. We had Delmonico in the Cleanup spot for 4 games earlier in the season. Its a slap in the face to Mendick, Cut ties with these sentimental bums! How could he not make the Giants top 60 and be our starting SS! If this goes on for another day... Sox fans should revolt,

Edited by Jnooch
  • Like 1

I knew Ricky was going to throw Yolmer in the lineup to the detriment of the ball club.  

It’s similar to Ozzie’s irrational love for Erstad or Mackoviak play centerfield.  Yolmer should not be in the starting lineup unless it’s a Sunday or emergency.  These games are too important to waste a spot in the lineup to an automatic out.  He’s literally has had years to prove he cannot get the job done.  

That’s why I didn’t even want Yolmer on the squad, our savant manager can’t help himself.  Ricky is an atrocious bum.   Can we please get someone with a little sense to run the ship?  

Play Engel also and both catchers in the starting lineup more often.  You know, let’s maybe put our best team on the field.  

Can y'all chill?

Here are our 3B options: Jake Burger, Yermin Mercedes. I guess the team could get creative and get Laz Rivera and Yolbert Sanchez up to Schaumburg, but, let's be real here.

Mendick is coming back to earth and is best used situationally. Yolmer is a good defender. We may all be squirmin' for Yermin to be sent down while we watch him butcher a slow roller down the line at 3B (which isn't fair to him, since he's not a 3B). Burger is coming back from tearing his fucking achilles twice.

The team knows Yolmer, he's a good defender. Yoan needs rest in the worst way. Unless someone on this board that's complaining about Yolmer playing at third is going to magically summon 2006 Joe Crede, I'd like to know what magical 3B depth we're going to get that is acceptable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

Can y'all chill?

Here are our 3B options: Jake Burger, Yermin Mercedes. I guess the team could get creative and get Laz Rivera and Yolbert Sanchez up to Schaumburg, but, let's be real here.

Mendick is coming back to earth and is best used situationally. Yolmer is a good defender. We may all be squirmin' for Yermin to be sent down while we watch him butcher a slow roller down the line at 3B (which isn't fair to him, since he's not a 3B). Burger is coming back from tearing his fucking achilles twice.

The team knows Yolmer, he's a good defender. Yoan needs rest in the worst way. Unless someone on this board that's complaining about Yolmer playing at third is going to magically summon 2006 Joe Crede, I'd like to know what magical 3B depth we're going to get that is acceptable.

And the only reason he is playing is because of injuries.  If it wasn't for Yoan being ouchie, and Leury being out for the year, and Mendick slumping, Yolmer would be buried on the bench.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

Can y'all chill?

This... Mendick needed a day off. It’s 1 game. You can start complaining when he is starting consistently a couple days a week. 

6 hours ago, Quin said:

Can y'all chill?