Hahn: Andrew Vaughn "could help the team this season"

Jose Abreu

2 minutes ago, macsandz said:

Vaughn + Kopech didn't seem a fair ask? 

I assume you have some inside info here. I'd put Moncada + Kopech in a similar category as Vaughn + Kopech, and that got Chris Sale, not a 34 year old with 1 year left on his deal.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

Of course Vaughn was in talks lol. Who else would teams want if they desire an offensive player from us? 

Someone on the MLB roster. I'd bet Robert was asked about plenty, and not as a joke. Eloy probably, Moncada, maybe Madrigal. Indians were looking for MLB level talent.

I would just keep vaughn down until 2021. Maybe he could help the team but there already is a roster crunch at 1b/dh.

No need to start his clock now, let him earn it in the minors next year. I would just start him in AA next year and if he starts hot you call him up after a month. That way you get the extra service year plus super 2 and the crunch should be resolved a little as EE option won't be picked up. 

Start collins or yermin at DH for that month and then call up Vaughn,trade collins and enjoy him until 2027.

Edited by Dominikk85

yah, he should be down for service time. no reason to waste a year of vaughn when really there's no home. this year has been fun, but imagine a real year, 4 years from now when these guys are all in their prime, with fans packing the park every night. 

only fleeting thought would be something like moncada in RF and vaughn at 3B. but that really is killing your defense and unnecessary.