Hahn: Andrew Vaughn "could help the team this season"

Jose Abreu

2 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Huh?  Everyone knows that. It's the rule for this year. You gotta be up by September 15th. That's not Vaughn, that's everyone. This is not insider knowledge.  It's like tweeting "I have been informed that if kids want to dress up and get free candy, they must go around their neighborhood on October 31st."

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

20 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Huh?  Everyone knows that. It's the rule for this year. You gotta be up by September 15th. That's not Vaughn, that's everyone. This is not insider knowledge.  It's like tweeting "I have been informed that if kids want to dress up and get free candy, they must go around their neighborhood on October 31st."

Has he been informed that the Sox didn't trade anyone at the deadline  ?

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

He won't even let people roast him for this stupid ass tweet.

Not Steve.PNG

39 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I hadn't seen it yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

"please do not approach your neighbor's house for candy during a pandemic without appropriate safety gear. Thank you for your time."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

But he was right AGAIN. His accuracy lately is crazy impressive.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

EE has hit a bit better recently. Not great but a 114 wrc+ the last two weeks is at least playable and lowers the chance of vaughn getting called up (at this point I think you can't expect much more than a 110 wrc+ from vaughn who only has played intrasquad games the last months).

I don’t think Vaughn was ever going to replace EE anyway. If they pulled the trigger, I think they’d stick him in RF. 

Vaughn will not be called up this year so what would be the plan next year?

I would prefer them sending him straight to AA to start next season and if he does well call him up after a month.

Starting him on opening day makes no sense at all because then you should have called him up already as it is the same service time.

3 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

I would prefer them sending him straight to AA to start next season and if he does well call him up after a month.

Starting him on opening day makes no sense at all because then you should have called him up already as it is the same service time.

Sign him to an extension and let him DH (with some 1B) from day one. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

Why AA and not AAA?  I think he’ll be up by May 1st and I could see a Collins / Mercedes platoon at DH until then.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dominikk85 said:

After the mess that is this year I’d also like to give the guy some time against minor leaguers in real game action and the call him up when earned. What level? Decide based on Spring Training.

I would really hope they don’t spend additional money at the DH position In the off-season. Other things way more important.