Trevor Bauer Breaks down Giolito's No-No

beautox

This is a guy who confidently has stated he will never sign a multi year contract (or get shot in the dick with a paintball gun from 10 feet away). I think absolutely you take him up on a one year deal next year and he is clearly paying attention to us plus might like the chance of sticking it to Cleveland. With our still young core group of backend (potential front end) starters growing into their innings he’d be a great fucking pick up.

Edited by claydude14
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, daa84 said:

Sounds like cutler

I can't believe someone else caught that. His voice, his cadence, his "sheesh, well alright" sort of vibe, etc. All I heard was "Jay Cutler". lol

Edited by Richie

14 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Gonna say it now. Trevor Bauer is going to be a fantastic pitching coordinator after he retires if he decides to go that route. Plus he was always ahead of the curve on the analytics side. He's like a rich man's Danny Farquhar in that aspect. 

I think Danny can play the internal politics much better. 

Bauer should probably either take over Driveline or start his own.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, beautox said:

I've subscribed to his channel for a while and his break downs of his starts are amazing. A modern era Stone, I walk away after watching with a much greater appreciation for the game we all love.

The stuff he does is what I'd love to hear from color commentary.

23 minutes ago, almagest said:

The stuff he does is what I'd love to hear from color commentary.

Stone does similar things, but in a more off-hand way unless Jason encourages him to finish or expand on the idea. It really depends on the situation and what is worth hearing at that point. Nobody cares what’s a good idea for Reynaldo or Cease to execute because they’re usually missing their spots. I’d say Giolito is the only Sox starter that makes sequence development interesting because the pitches play off each other and he mostly hits his spots