How long can we realistically keep this line-up together.

harkness99

Just now, harkness99 said:

I was gloating over our line-up.. my father (who is a Cardinals fan)  states bluntly... you won't be able to keep all those guys for long.

The entire core is locked up long term. Jimenez/Robert/Moncada/Madrigal/Vaughn all have lengthy control remaining

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This.  I think TA is the first to run out of control, and it is like 2024 or something ridiculous like that.

It is. And I think you may be able to keep him around if you chose. Though he'd be 31 at that point. 

1 minute ago, mqr said:

It is. And I think you may be able to keep him around if you chose. Though he'd be 31 at that point. 

Oh for sure.  I get the impression that TImmy really likes it here,  Now that might change 5 years down teh road, and we might not want him in 5 years... but I see a LONG time with this core line up.

Dang we are already anxious about it ending? When TA's contract ends its 2024. Thats (including this one) 5 seasons from now.

5 seasons ago Chris Sale had just cut up jerseys, we went from a 23-10 record to 33-33 and had just traded away Zach duke for Charlie Tilson.

Think about all that baseball in between, and enjoy this.

Grandal is locked until 2023 as well and if the team is winning Abreu would probably sign for 2 million bucks as a bench piece. There has not been a home grown group this polished and all locked up since the 90s. Outside of RF they don't have a true hole or gap until 2024, and even up to 2025 they still will only need a SS and catcher. It's why Hahn deserves all the praise once this starts working

• Like 3

1B/DH - Abreu locked up till age 35 '22
C - Grandal locked up till age 34 '23
1B - Vaughn locked up till age 29 '27
2B - Madrigal locked up till age 29 '26
SS - Anderson locked up till age 31 '24
3B - Moncada locked up till age 30 '25
LF - Jimenez locked up till age 29 '26
CF - Robert locked up till age 29 '27

5 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Grandal is locked until 2023 as well and if the team is winning Abreu would probably sign for 2 million bucks as a bench piece. There has not been a home grown group this polished and all locked up since the 90s. Outside of RF they don't have a true hole or gap until 2024, and even up to 2025 they still will only need a SS and catcher. It's why Hahn deserves all the praise once this starts working

It really reminds me of the 90's Indians line up loaded with guys like Thome, Ramirez, Alomar, etc.

8 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

What is this hole you speak of?  Did you miss the arrival of Nomar "Mr Clutch" Mazara offensively and defensively in the 9th yesterday? :cool:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This.  I think TA is the first to run out of control, and it is like 2024 or something ridiculous like that.

27 minutes ago, mqr said:

Yup, and Tim has already expressed interest (in the past couple of months) in re-signing for longer 

29 minutes ago, CeaseAndExist said:

TA - through 2024

Moncada - through 2025

Abreu - through 2022

Grandal - through 2023

Eloy - through 2026

Robert - through 2027

Madrigal - through 2026 (I think)

Vaughn - will be through 2027 most likely

That's a lot of long-term control

Yep those are the prime years for everyone. Hahn did a great job putting together that window with all those favorable contracts too.

Hopefully we can win at least one WS during that time.

Just now, Jerksticks said:

This lineup is way better than those Indians teams- and those teams were sick.  This is potentially the greatest lineup ever assembled once Vaughn gets here.  

Maybe 2022 goes down in the history books

Way better?  I don't know that I would go that far yet. It is early and the potential is there, but we are talking about...

You have a HOF in Thome.

A should have been HOF in Manny

A borderline HOF in Omar

A could have been HOF in Belle if his hip hadn't gave out.

That still leaves you guys like Kenny Lofton, Richie Sexson, Sandy Alomar who were there for the core of that run.

Plus the guys who came through for a year or two like Julio Franco, David Justice, Roberto Alomar

Just now, Jerksticks said:

This lineup is way better than those Indians teams- and those teams were sick.  This is potentially the greatest lineup ever assembled once Vaughn gets here.  

Maybe 2022 goes down in the history books

I love the lineup we have now, but those 90s Indians teams were very good. 

C - Alomar Jr

1B - Sorrento/Franco/Thome

2B - Baerga/Alomar/Tony Fernandez

SS - Vizquel

3B - Thome/Matt Williams/Fryman

LF - Belle/Giles

CF - Lofton/Grissom

RF - Manny

DH - Murray/Justice

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Dang we are already anxious about it ending? When TA's contract ends its 2024. Thats (including this one) 5 seasons from now.

5 seasons ago Chris Sale had just cut up jerseys, we went from a 23-10 record to 33-33 and had just traded away Zach duke for Charlie Tilson.

Think about all that baseball in between, and enjoy this.

And i bought season tickets at like 21-9 .... flush that $$ down the drain.