Sign in to follow this  
SouthWallace

9.1.20 GT | Sox @ Twins | 7:10PM CT

Just now, TheTruth05 said:

Sox offense abysmal tonight.

1/3 of your lineup are automatic outs. When you have 2 of those holes hitting back to back there isn’t much momentum you are gonna put together

• Like 1

Winnable game given away.  Bats better show up tomorrow.  Reynaldo on the mound could be a shit show...

Edited by SouthWallace

That was sad. Looking for the walk instead of trying to do damage. Too many easy outs in the lineup right now.

I resign as President of the Nomar Mazara fan club after 1 day.  

Just now, fathom said:

That was sad. Looking for the walk instead of trying to do damage. Too many easy outs in the lineup right now.

Yep. How Vaughn is not in this lineup blows my mind

Had the opportunities didn't cash it in. Twins threw some leather, go get them tomorrow and win the series.

Would love to see Vaughn come up.

Just now, SouthWallace said:

Pathetic 

Bats still can’t manufacture runs

Team desperately needs pitching help

UGH

To be fair they only gave up 3 runs tonight.  Yes I agree they need pitcher help though. 

1 minute ago, gusguyman said:

Steve Stone - "The thing about Nomar, if he can hit one pitch out, its gonna be a slider that catches too much of the plate"

Its gotten to the point that Steve is talking about Mazara like  he is Nick Madrigal 

Yep heard that also. But hey, he will always have the strep excuse.

1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Yep. How Vaughn is not in this lineup blows my mind

Already saw articles about how EE is so influential in the clubhouse 

• Like 1

You can't have a black hole at DH which is what EE is right now. Bring up Vaughn or have McCann and Grandal take turns. Tonight the Sox ran out 3 guys who can't or aren't hitting a lick. That is 1/3 of your order. That is ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The decision to not rest Yoan last week against inferior completion has hurt this lineup a lot. 0-8 with hardly any contact by the 3B this series.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Already saw articles about how EE is so influential in the clubhouse 

If they dump him, they’ll get over it after a few wins. There’s plenty of leaders or respected guys there, and sometimes the grown ups in the front office need to make decisions that the children won’t like at first.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

The decision to not rest Yoan last week against inferior completion has hurt this lineup a lot. 0-8 with hardly any contact by the 3B this series.

I have no idea what they were thinking there. 

7 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

1/3 of your lineup are automatic outs. When you have 2 of those holes hitting back to back there isn’t much momentum you are gonna put together

I would also say 2/3 of Minny's lineup are automatic outs. 

This one, yet again, you could pin on Ricky without much of a stretch. Absolutely no reason to bring a struggling Cordero into a 1 run game in the 6th. His ERA is now over 5 with a WHIP nearing 1.5.  Blatant mismanagement, again.  

oh, and Ricky...don’t think we didn’t notice you had your boy Yolmer on deck behind Mazara. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, flavum said:

If they dump him, they’ll get over it after a few wins. There’s plenty of leaders or respected guys there, and sometimes the grown ups in the front office need to make decisions that the children won’t like at first.

THIS