9.1.20 GT | Sox @ Twins | 7:10PM CT

Tnetennba

Just now, Baron said:

His bat speed is really slow right now. I'm not sure that'll get better. 

I don't know why people think it's bat speed but it's not. A hitter loses his reaction time with age, not his bat speed as much. Guys can stay strong AF as they get older and maintain bat speed, but they become a twitch late when they react.

I agree with you 100% btw; EE is a historically slow starter, but that's not what this is. His k-rate and swing and miss rate are way up. He's just lost that quick twitch reaction time he had. You never know when it's going to go but it is what deteriorates with age; not "bat speed." bat and barrel speed are kind of overrated in general.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I don't know why people think it's bat speed but it's not. A hitter loses his reaction time with age, not his bat speed as much. Guys can stay strong AF as they get older and maintain bat speed, but they become a twitch late when they react.

I agree with you 100% btw; EE is a historically slow starter, but that's not what this is. His k-rate and swing and miss rate are way up. He's just lost that quick twitch reaction time he had. You never know when it's going to go but it is what deteriorates with age; not "bat speed." bat and barrel speed are kind of overrated in general.

My guess is he probably lost it sometime in the playoffs last year. He hit .100 for the Yankees in the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The Sox seem to have an ability to maximize the outputs from compact lefties. Buerhle, Danks, Quintana, and maybe even Keuchel who was falling out of his success a bit the past two years.

It's just nice to see a free agent not immediately suck balls after signing here

Just now, chw42 said:

My guess is he probably lost it sometime in the playoffs last year. He hit .100 for the Yankees in the playoffs. 

too small of a sample, but who knows honestly. if your identify/react time changes by .05 seconds you're done in baseball. Your strength, conditioning and bat speed can only save so much. if you dont get your barrel down fast enough, you're not going to maximize your barrel speed anyway.

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

I don’t know where the sentiment that Mazara is a butcher comes from. He won’t win a gold glove but he is miles better than Eloy. 

He was a slightly below average fielder in RF which isn't an extremely weak defensive position. Mazara was fine in the field. He needs to start hitting the ball in the air. Jeeze.