Sox vs Twins 9/2/2020 Lopez vs Berrios 7:10 CST

Kyyle23

6 minutes ago, yesterday333 said:

I’m not sure why everyone is acting like this is a definite loss... good teams lose to bad teams all the time... and we are not a bad team, even with Lopez on the mound. 

Probably because Lopez can't throw strikes and Minnesota can hit. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

Detwiler only throwing to one batter last night will make a lot more sense when he has to come in after the second inning tonight and throw 3 innings.

I think Detwiler only facing one batter had more to do with the fact that if he came back out, he would have had to face Sano as the 2nd batter of Detwiler's 2nd inning of work (3rd batter overall).  With the 3 batter minimum (or finish an inning) rule, I actually think that move made sense.  

Edited by ChiSox59

54 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Lopez has talent.  I wish his peers would convince him to try a faster pace with a more bulldog attitude.  He comes off as afraid to throw the ball.  It would be huge if he would turn into a competent #4 or #5.

He has shown flashes of being a very good pitcher.  But I think you hit it on the head: He seems afraid or tentative to throw.  I do think a lot of his issues are mental.  He needs to stay out of his own head.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

He has shown flashes of being a very good pitcher.  But I think you hit it on the head: He seems afraid or tentative to throw.  I do think a lot of his issues are mental.  He needs to stay out of his own head.

He’s lost his fastball though. This isn’t the same guy who looked promising during second half of 2018

• Thanks 1

This seems like one of those 8-5 losses, with the Sox being down 6-7 runs all game before making a late surge. I hate to say that, but I have no confidence in Lopez to pitch well & no confidence in Renteria to pull him when he should and then find a competent reliever

Just now, Bad Hombre said:

Guys I have great news

Would have been nice if we saw it last night when he watched a hanging slider right down broadway on a 3-1 count and then swung through the same pitch to end the game.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Would have been nice if we saw it last night when he watched a hanging slider right down broadway on a 3-1 count and then swung through the same pitch to end the game.  

I’m convinced he doesn’t walk because he has a great eye, it’s because he fouls off every meatball he gets and the pitcher is forced to have to throw more strikes.  He should have been swinging out of his ass on the 3-1 pitch with Southpaw up next.