Sox vs Twins 9/2/2020 Lopez vs Berrios 7:10 CST

Kyyle23

Just now, harkness99 said:

You must have missed his lollipop throw to 2nd that should have cost us a run... and the error he just made that allowed 2 runs to score.

Remember when Yolmer made a couple of errors in the early part of the season and still won the gold glove in a landslide? Bad plays happen.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Very overrated aspect of his game, same as his speed. He does have a great hit tool.

He graded out at 60 on both fielding and running....by people who scouted him extensively.  He's played in, what, 10-15 ML games?  A little early for "very overrated", imo.  

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I feel for Lopez. Sad to see what he’s become. Sad to watch him walk off the mound like he did. Time to move on

What i was thinking. He had so much potential when he first came here. He had an upper 90s fastball, his curve was just a hammer as the other poster mentioned, and if I remember correctly he had a fantastic straight change as his primary offspeed/putaway pitch. I wonder what happened. 

Edited by ScooterMcGee

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

This is his, what, 5th year in the majors? 4th maybe? This is who he is

Technically its the fifth year he has appeared in the majors, but the first two were essentially cups of tea. He has had two full years, and one of them was actually pretty good, and now three appearances in the fifth. I wouldn't call that five years in the majors.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Cooper has legit failed him as Lopez looked legit when he first came up

You can see his stuff from time to time but just not enough of it. He’s simply not a major league pitcher and at this point his confidence is just dog shit, you can see it everytime he takes the bump

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Nothing changed with the Sox in Minnesota 

I think it has. Not arguing by the way.   Monday night is a game they lose in recent years.  Last night could have gone either way.  Just my opinion 

Edited by Sox80
Timeline

1 minute ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

He graded out at 60 on both fielding and running....by people who scouted him extensively.  He's played in, what, 10-15 ML games?  A little early for "very overrated", imo.  

Those two aspects don't generally come and go though. Usually its what you see is what it is. Not like pitching or hitting.

3 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

But Parkman and Harold "are on the same page with scouting" so HA

3 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

I doubt there will be another, but I’m not watching ReyLo starts anymore. 

Yeah man, if he pitches again I'll go spray weeds or something. He blows

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

You must have missed his lollipop throw to 2nd that should have cost us a run... and the error he just made that allowed 2 runs to score.

Let's use sample size he has an .806 OPS.  I dont think he will live up to 4th pick but many on this site have him behind Yolmer in baseball ability. 

• Like 1