Sox vs Twins 9/2/2020 Lopez vs Berrios 7:10 CST

Kyyle23

4 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Remember when Yolmer made a couple of errors in the early part of the season and still won the gold glove in a landslide? Bad plays happen.

Yeah.. hence why I said he better become a better defensive player.. he has no power what so ever.. .can't be a bad defensive player.

I didn't say he never would be.

3 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

You mean the same scouting expertise that gave us the Eloy/Delmon Young comp?

You guys are never going to let me forget that, are you?  That was more overrating Delmon Young than anything else. I thought Young was better than he actually was. 

I thought Young was a .250-260/25 HR guy with a .300-310 OBP when I said that. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

You can see his stuff from time to time but just not enough of it. He’s simply not a major league pitcher and at this point his confidence is just dog shit, you can see it everytime he takes the bump

100% agree and Cooper letting him ditch his curve early in his career was stupid beyond belief

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Let's use sample size he has an .806 OPS.  I dont think he will live up to 4th pick but many on this site have him behind Yolmer in baseball ability. 

He’s better than Yolmer, as at least he knows if you have no power, you better make a lot of contact.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Look at how explosive his stuff was before the Sox got him

https://youtube.com/watch?v=B0Hu_jMfd3w

One of the hallmarks of a Cooper taught player is they sacrifice velocity for control.  They also lose their curveball.  They typically adopt a cutter and a slider.   

15 minutes ago, fathom said:

He’s better than Yolmer, as at least he knows if you have no power, you better make a lot of contact.

He'll hit for more average than Yolmer but otherwise they're similar. Yolmer plays better D, Madrigal makes more contact. I'm not happy right now they wasted a top 5 pick on a rich man's Yolmer Sanchez. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, oneofthemikes said:

Tonight is gonna make a bad situation worse. This pen was already spent and now they've got a full night of work in front of them.

No off days until next week too. This upcoming Royals series isn't gonna be pretty for the bullpen. 

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Just jumping on, but I don’t care if the options are Bartolo Colon, you can’t keep putting Lopez out there every 5th day, just can’t do it. 

Off days should allow them to hide his spot for a week or so.  Not sure what you do then. 

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You guys are never going to let me forget that, are you?  That was more overrating Delmon Young than anything else. I thought Young was better than he actually was. 

I thought Young was a .250-260/25 HR guy with a .300-310 OBP when I said that. 

Even if you thought Young was a .250-.260/25 HR/.310 OBP guy, that isn't even in the same stratosphere of where Eloy will be. Since then he's hit the piss out of the ball and even cussed at me because you downplayed his hit tool after 160 games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Those two aspects don't generally come and go though. Usually its what you see is what it is. Not like pitching or hitting.

As much as I can't fucking stand the guy, do you remember how many dumb plays Yolmer would make?  Mr. Gold Glove?

I just can't stand these self-anointed experts on a message board calling people busts or overrated after, literally, like 10-15 ML games in their young careers.  New fields, new hitters, new lighting, general nerves/anxiety as a new guy...you name it, he's still adjusting.

• Like 1

Just now, mmmmmbeeer said:

As much as I can't fucking stand the guy, do you remember how many dumb plays Yolmer would make?  Mr. Gold Glove?

I just can't stand these self-anointed experts on a message board calling people busts or overrated after, literally, like 10-15 ML games in their young careers.  New fields, new hitters, new lighting, general nerves/anxiety as a new guy...you name it, he's still adjusting.

Can you imagine if he wasn’t hitting .412? Oh boy, they’d be all over him.

• Like 2