Sox vs Twins 9/2/2020 Lopez vs Berrios 7:10 CST

Kyyle23

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

You know who else was a high end pick? Rodon. You probably said the same shit about him that he NEEDS to be outstanding. Explain why Madrigal NEEDS to be outstanding aside from your own personal mental state. What if he hits .310 annually? Is that good enough?

The first 2 picks ahead of rodon where terrible as well.  Just saying Haha. 

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

^^ How has this guy not been banned?

Nowhere to be found when he's hitting dingers and top 10 in baseball in EV, but when he doesn't beat out a booted grounder, here he is

Jose is an MVP candidate. He has been outstanding. He needs to hustle if he is the leader of our team. That was ugly. 

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

You know who else was a high end pick? Rodon. You probably said the same shit about him that he NEEDS to be outstanding. Explain why Madrigal NEEDS to be outstanding aside from your own personal mental state. What if he hits .310 annually? Is that good enough?

Rodon did need to be outstanding.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Rodon did need to be outstanding.

Any one guy doesn’t NEED to be anything. You need the collection of picks to pan out. Counting on anyone guy to do anything out of the draft is a fools errand. 

Edited by mqr

6 minutes ago, wegner said:

Madrigal will be a great complement to the rest of this lineup in the 9 hole imho.  I think he will really bother opposing pitchers and managers.

Reminds me a lot of Nick Punto if Punto could actually hit for average. Just a PITA for pitchers. 

He's not bad, I just wouldn't have spent a top 20 pick on him, let alone a top 5 pick. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1