Sox vs Twins 9/2/2020 Lopez vs Berrios 7:10 CST

Kyyle23

25 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

RR just needs to stop using the same guys in the bullpen soo much. Give them an off day and mix it up a bit. We’re going to have to dip into Schaumburg for reinforcements if RR keeps messing with the bullpen like this. 

Send.The.White.Sox.To.Schaumburg

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

Renteria is going to get an extension based on the sox body of work this year.  

I doubt it. Stone is the FOs mouthpiece and has successfully telegraphed their thinking on several issues. I have noticed he has been alot more critical of RR recently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Renteria is going to get an extension based on the sox body of work this year.  

Extension, no chance.  But he might get the injury excuse & weird season as cover to be retained.  Though it’s obvious to most everyone that he is bad and not the man to lead the team forward. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I doubt it. Stone is the FOs mouthpiece and has successfully telegraphed their thinking on several issues. I have noticed he has been alot more critical of RR recently.

FO has to know, right?  Very much hope Stone isn’t just voicing criticism on his own. 

• Like 1

a few things that I've observed 

if stone does have the FO ear, based on his comments on twitter (still WOW'd by that tweet), and comments on live air, it does sound like RR is done after this year and he knows it.  it also might be why hes managing the way he is lately, as a big FU to the sox FO

6 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

a few things that I've observed 

if stone does have the FO ear, based on his comments on twitter (still WOW'd by that tweet), and comments on live air, it does sound like RR is done after this year and he knows it.  it also might be why hes managing the way he is lately, as a big FU to the sox FO

Yea, I don’t think he is sabotaging on purpose at all.  He obviously wants to win.  Ricky is just in over his head.   

Is he signed past this year?   That will tell a lot about the Sox might do, as Jerry hates you throw away money paying someone not to manage.  

I'll take just about anyone at this point.  Personal fav it Sandy Alomar, but I’ll be happy as hell to fire Ricky now and let Super Joe takeover.  Shit, I bet Coop could make a better lineup.  The trainer, whoever. 

1 hour ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Damn I turned it off after they couldn’t execute the run down but following on here every so often to see the circus. 

I kept it on in case a position player got to pitch the 8th. ... If Ricky does get fired the new manager WILL be able to speak Spanish. That's going to be important for team morale with a lot of Spanish speaking guys. I can dream about Ozzie but I know he has no chance. Too controversial when he speaks to media. He can't help himself but make headlines the wrong way. ... Eloy had been OK recently on defense until the Minnie series. Ditto Jose. Wat's up with that?

Edited by greg775

1 hour ago, jamesdiego said:

Yea, I don’t think he is sabotaging on purpose at all.  He obviously wants to win.  Ricky is just in over his head.   

Is he signed past this year?   That will tell a lot about the Sox might do, as Jerry hates you throw away money paying someone not to manage.  

I'll take just about anyone at this point.  Personal fav it Sandy Alomar, but I’ll be happy as hell to fire Ricky now and let Super Joe takeover.  Shit, I bet Coop could make a better lineup.  The trainer, whoever. 

needs to be somebody from outside the org and they should be allowed to pick their own coaches.  Sorry guys, but y'all have made this team soft as fuck and people need to have their asses kicked back in gear.  IMO Maddon is the best guy right now for us

1. ReyLo 's has not beaten Minnesota for years and has an ugly lifetime ERA against them . ReyLo has been struggling after an early season injury.

So why start him against the Twin  in this important game for First Place ?  There was time before this series started  to look for other options.

2. Why use Cordero again and let him get touched up again and used up ?  The game was already out of reach.

3. James McCann has had success against Berrios so why not start the guy  that some here call "the back-up catcher?"

4. Mazara has had small flashes of progress, but this season is too short for whatever come-back timeline he is on.  I am beginning to agree with some here who want to see the Sox pull the plug on him sooner rather than later.

5. Encarnacion continues his one dimensional approach - pull everything.  However, that just doesn't work enough to keep him as full time DH. Either he has to change his approach or bring up Vaughn and start working him into the DH spot.

6.  Moncada's injury is impacting his swing and inhibiting his speed on the bases. He probably botched that crazy run down by not running the guy back to second. He also probably made a throwing error to first  that Abreu could not pick because he could not get into that throw.  Yoan should be put on the IL until whatever he has gets better. It's getting ridiculous to see a guy out there that appears to be in pain and not able to play as we know he can.

Theses and other criticisms posted here are not just fan reactions to one bad series. The reality is that the Sox have been living off  Giolito and Keuchel starts, some decent bullpen holds,  and a flurry of home runs. In order to compete for the crown though even more is needed from the team and from management.

I guess fans like myself have to understand that there are limited options given the talent on the roster. Additionally, there is nothing that can be done with lingering injuries to players and recovery timetables. Every player wants to win and is trying their best.  That is why this just isn't that easy to figure out.

• Like 1

If you believe Stone is giving hints about management's thinking on RR, then you must also believe that he's doing the same thing when he pumps up McCann at the expense of the Big New Acquisition.  And that can'r be their thinking when they owe the guy a fortune.  'Splain that away.

• Like 1