Sign in to follow this  
Kyyle23

Sox vs Twins 9/2/2020 Lopez vs Berrios 7:10 CST

Just now, fathom said:

Why?  Still would be 3 games over and then you get the Pirates 

Swept in 4 by the Royals? We'd be on our way to a strong collapse. 

1 minute ago, SouthWallace said:

You mean trade for reinforcements for a bunch of guys being asked to carry a huge load.

• Thanks 1

RR just needs to stop using the same guys in the bullpen soo much. Give them an off day and mix it up a bit. We’re going to have to dip into Schaumburg for reinforcements if RR keeps messing with the bullpen like this. 

Edited by maloney.adam

what are the chances that Hahn told Renteria that Grandal is the starter and will get all the starts except 1 or 2 a week?  I just have a feeling that Hahn doesn't want it to look like buyers remorse, these guys all have egos and idk.  just spitballing

1 minute ago, Soxfest said:

Cordero is lighter fluid

Problem is he can’t be used when trailing 6-1 as well as when they’re up 2-1.

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

what are the chances that Hahn told Renteria that Grandal is the starter and will get all the starts except 1 or 2 a week?  I just have a feeling that Hahn doesn't want it to look like buyers remorse, these guys all have egos and idk.  just spitballing

None

I like Grandal's patience.. but his pitch direction seems shitty and he is not putting the ball in play much.

McCann is a much better facilitator of our pitchers and has a hot bat.

He needs to be playing.

• Like 1

There’s still time to turn the bullpen around and save some of the arms. RR just needs to use some common sense and stop over pitching some of players.

Edited by maloney.adam

12 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

All it takes at this point is one 5 or 6 game losing streak and your fighting for that last playoff spot.

The Sox right now look like a team that could easily lose 5 or 6 in a row.

I don't see any urgency from either management or the players. 

I think the combo of Giolito and Keuchel should prevent that 

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s really only the Tigers that could potentially sneak up.

Have you seen their ROS schedule? I’d be shocked if the Tigers finished over .500

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

There’s still time to turn the bullpen around and save some of the arms. RR just needs to use some common sense and stop over pitching some of the players.

This is all because they only have two starters that can give them innings, and one of them has been struggling a bit lately to go deep.

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Have you seen their ROS schedule? I’d be shocked if the Tigers finished over .500

I get that....any other teams you see that could be a factor based on ROS

Just now, fathom said:

I get that....any other teams you see that could be a factor based on ROS

No. I really don’t see how the Sox miss the playoffs barring an epic collapse. 30 wins should be enough to get in.

21 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Each day counts as 2.8 this season, so roughly 70 days of service time if called up tomorrow. 

Thanks 

Another option I was thinking is if the Sox don’t want to dip into Schaumburg for bullpen help is why not move Rodon in the bullpen for long relief and Lopez for middle relief and then just go with a 4 man rotation. They really only need 3 quality starters for the playoffs. Cease and Dunning can battle it out for who’s the number 3 starter in the playoffs. 

Edited by maloney.adam

Win 4 of the next 6 against the Royals/Pirates and the Sox are basically a lock for the playoffs. Once you get in, anything can happen. Especially in this season’s crazy format.

Want a fun exercise.  Look up Gordon Beckhams OPS over his White Sox years and compare it to Mazara's this year.  Thats fun.