Just put Moncada on the IL already....

Jack Parkman

Thread title says it all.  He hasn't hit a HR since the 4 in a row. He's swinging with his arms only. His once elite EV is now slightly better than Madrigal. He's clearly not right. 

They're playing the Royals and Tigers again before the gauntlet to end the season. Get him healthy for the stretch run and the playoffs. 

He may not be right at all this year, but you gotta at least try. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Thread title says it all.  He hasn't hit a HR since the 4 in a row. He's swinging with his arms only. His once elite EV is now slightly better than Madrigal. He's clearly not right. 

They're playing the Royals and Tigers again before the gauntlet to end the season. Get him healthy for the stretch run and the playoffs. 

He may not be right at all this year, but you gotta at least try. 

I trust that if the Sox medical staff and front office thought that an IL stint would get him back to 100%, they would have done it already.  This feels like something he's just going to have to play through the rest of the season.

35 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

I trust that if the Sox medical staff and front office thought that an IL stint would get him back to 100%, they would have done it already.  This feels like something he's just going to have to play through the rest of the season.

Im not sure i trust our teams medical staff any more with how many injuries our guys have suffered the last few years.  

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Its funny, there is no need to look up scores or follow a game.  All you need to do is look at thread titles on Soxtalk to know if the team won or lost last night.

It's not even that. It's beyond frustrating that they didn't do it after the Cubs series so he'd be back for the Twins series. 

Just give him a longer break and try...if he has to play through it, fine...but give him the 10 days and see.  

Edited by Jack Parkman

12 minutes ago, Quin said:

This makes all the sense in the world and is also consistent with what many, many people have said after getting COVID-19. The fact that he's playing at the level he is is astounding.

Also, @Yearnin' for Yermin

He really isn't playing at that high of a level. He was for a little bit there but now he's hard to watch. Can't say I blame him; btw he's still better than Mendick, Goins, etc but I almost feel bad for him watching him lumber around

18 minutes ago, Quin said:

This makes all the sense in the world and is also consistent with what many, many people have said after getting COVID-19. The fact that he's playing at the level he is is astounding.

Damn...I hope he gets back to normal next year, not only for baseball but for the quality of his life. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

He really isn't playing at that high of a level. He was for a little bit there but now he's hard to watch. Can't say I blame him; btw he's still better than Mendick, Goins, etc but I almost feel bad for him watching him lumber around

Yeah outside of walks, he’s not hitting well and really struggling in the field.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I didn't say he's playing at a high level.

I said the level he's playing at, while recovering from COVID-19, is astounding.

• Like 2

This sounds awful for Yoan and there does not seem to be anything he or anyone else can do.

I have friends who have had Covid and were asymptotic  (no respiratory issues) but now months later, they claim to have  post covid fatigue syndrome PCFS   ---always tired when they never were previously.  Maybe Mazara has been experiencing a  bit of that as well?

The athletes that have had Covid are like a canary in a coal mine since any physical impact on them can be readily ascertained and even quantified.

I’m torn on whether or not he should still be playing. Sox desperately need his lefty bat in the order, but he’s clearly struggling and has been more of a hinderance than anything else the last few weeks.  On the other hand, you have to be careful that his leg issues don’t lead to a more significant injury to his knee or Achilles due to having to run differently.

17 minutes ago, tray said:

This sounds awful for Yoan and there does not seem to be anything he or anyone else can do.

I have friends who have had Covid and were asymptotic  (no respiratory issues) but now months later, they claim to have  post covid fatigue syndrome PCFS   ---always tired when they never were previously.  Maybe Mazara has been experiencing a  bit of that as well?

The athletes that have had Covid are like a canary in a coal mine since any physical impact on them can be readily ascertained and even quantified.

I can tell you from personal experience it sucks. I drive for a living and its scary sometimes. You never know when it's going to hit you, all of the sudden you feel like you haven't slept in 24+ hours. If you ever went to college, imagine what it feels like after pulling an all nighter and the red bull/monster wears off. It's tough to fight through that constantly. I go to bed earlier and sleep less than I ever have before. 

I'm not sure if my sense of smell will ever return. It's not completely gone but it has to be a really distinct, pungent odor to smell it. 

On the plus side, used to have really bad nasal allergies and those are gone. My sinuses have never been as clear, though they're very itchy. I got sick in March. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Quin said:

Thank God, now people can stop playing doctor and diagnosing his condition themselves. Glad we finally have confirmation. Hope he gets better.

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin
  • Like 1

Moncada isn't right physically.  

But he is the best they have at 3B and in the 2 hole.  

But in reality his malady isn't going away and it doesn't seem like he will be himself at all in 2020.  

So he should probably cash out and go on the IL for the season? 

But the Sox don't have anyone to step in to pick up for where he normally would be.  

So what to do?  

Did I miss anything?

Props for trying to play through it because I don't know the answer.