RR

WBWSF

Nobody got fired when the team was awful and missing the playoffs, how can anyone expect these guys to lose their jobs now that the team is good and going to make the playoffs?

I see no way RR isn't back next year along with everyone else.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, T R U said:

Nobody got fired when the team was awful and missing the playoffs, how can anyone expect these guys to lose their jobs now that the team is good and going to make the playoffs?

Because we were losing on purpose so to speak. It was about getting young guys playing time and building character. Winning championships is a different story and takes an different type of manager. Hahn said the goal was multiple championships, not simply making the playoffs. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, T R U said:

Arguably the best job security as a coach in professional sports is on a bad team with no expectation of winning.

3 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

Because we were losing on purpose so to speak. It was about getting young guys playing time and building character. Winning championships is a different story and takes an different type of manager. Hahn said the goal was multiple championships, not simply making the playoffs. 

I wasn't referring to just the rebuilding years, even when the club was trying to compete and missing the playoffs/under performing people weren't losing their jobs.

1 minute ago, T R U said:

I wasn't referring to just the rebuilding years, even when the club was trying to compete and missing the playoffs/under performing people weren't losing their jobs.

Everyone is looking at the top here, but the reality is that a ton of scouting and development has been changed in recent years, as well as the analytics people.

One thing to remember here. The job of manager for the Sox would be highly prized for any candidate right now. We will be a top

team for many years to come. Either go get a top manager like Francona, or insist on the most highly thought of up and comers.

This is one time we can get the best is RR goes. Don't waste this opportunity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grindersrule said:

My guess is that RR's fate is linked to our playoff performance.

Out in first round = He Gone

Out in second round = on the bubble / more likely to stay

Reach ALCS or WS = he's here for the long haul.

If we go into the playoffs with any kind of momentum at all, RR will be back in 21

2 hours ago, Grindersrule said:

My guess is that RR's fate is linked to our playoff performance.

Out in first round = He Gone

Out in second round = on the bubble / more likely to stay

Reach ALCS or WS = he's here for the long haul.

Maybe if this happens 3 years in a row. If this year and in 2021 and in 2022 we're out in the first round, that might make them say "Hey something's amiss here". 

The hope that I’m clinging to is with Stone being so in touch with the front office.  And with Stone’s offhand tweets that can only be construed as calling Ricky out, I have to think there is some frustration with some of the Rickster’s moves.  I can see Kenny throwing things across the room in disgust as some of Ricky’s decisions.  At least I hope he would be pissed, he is competitive guy.  It really seems like the front office these actually care about trying their utmost to win a championship with this team.  It won’t happen until after the season, if at all.  

Bur of course if this teams makes a deep playoff run in spite of Ricky he may very well be back.  

23 minutes ago, Tony said:

I agree with this. 

A lot can change in a month, but odds would say when the Sox actually secure a playoff spot this season, it will be a very positive, upbeat story that this young core broke through and is heading to playoffs together. Only way it's not is if they were somehow able to build a good lead in the division here the next two weeks, only to stumble in on the last few days of the season, getting swept by the Cubs or something along those lines. 

The point is, feelings will be very good heading into the Playoffs. And unless the Sox and Ricky just totally embarrass themselves once in the playoffs, the same group is coming back next year, and quite frankly they probably should. I get incredibly frustrated with some of the decisions Ricky makes in game, but I can't say that RR deserves to be fired right now. He just doesn't, IMO. 

This. It's almost too early to fire Ricky with the step forward these guys are taking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YourWhatHurts said:

If the Sox fire Ricky they'll botch it and hire Paulie.  Kinda serious.

100% serious I bet they'd at least give 2 interviews to Thome if not hire him outright.  I'd probably be meh about that.  Sox gonna Sox but I like Thome.

Jirschele will be the next manager.

49 minutes ago, Tony said:

On that note, I feel like I haven't seen the name Frank Menechino mentioned once this season on the board and I think that's a little unfair. This is a very naturally talented lineup and I think generally speaking a hitting coach doesn't make a huge impact, but for all the shit we gave Greg Walker, Todd Steverson, etc, I think he deserves some praise for be the hitting coach to one of the most dangerous lineups in the AL.

Thats a great point. But I am sure he is only responsible for EE and Mazara.

• Like 3