Reynaldo Lopez Optioned to Schaumburg

MiddleCoastBias

🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

3 minutes ago, mqr said:

I, uh, didn't see that coming yet. I'm sure his comments last night didn't exactly engender any sympathy.

Probably didn’t help any, but the quick hook last night tells me the decision was basically already made.  Only a good outing would have prevented the move. 

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I am a real big fan of Flores.  I like this move.  I assume Flores will take the start next time around until Rodon is healthy?

The last discussion was of Rodon getting a sim start of around 60 pitches.  Reading between the lines, they were getting him ready to start again up here, so I would guess he would take the next start, and not Flores.

6 minutes ago, daggins said:

I don't think Mazara can be optioned, and i'm also pretty certain Vaughn can't play RF. I do think they'll play Engel more, though.

I thought the same thing, but I read a pre draft scouting report the other day that specifically stated he could be potentially moved to a corner outfield spot. Said that although he is slow, he is athletic enough to handle it. He used to pitch, so presumably he has the arm for it