White Sox v Royals - Cease vs Duffy - 9/3/20 GT

ShoeLessRob

Lost an important series against the Twins, but big stretch of baseball here to rack up some wins.

Cease (4 - 2, 3.00 ERA) vs Duffy (2 - 2, 4.11 ERA).

Last time we faced Duffy (8/28) he gave up 4 runs (3 earned) in 5.2 innings. There was some 9th inning Tom Foolery that tied the game, but was ultimately won by a Grandal walk-off homer.

9 minutes ago, Vulture said:

At least he has Engel in there. Probably a good matchup for Mendick as well. Grandal third against a lefty makes no sense to me though.

.278 / .375 / .444 against LHP this year, him batting third against RHP is what doesn't make sense.
  • Like 1

• bmags pinned this topic
3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Is McCann hurt or something? This is the 3rd night in a row that they are leaving him out of the lineup. 

Let’s face it, with Collins not on the roster it simply means less opportunities for McCann. Grandal was signed to be your starting catcher and Ricky doesn’t have the luxury to use the DH spot for 1 of McCann/Grandal because of it. I know he did it last season a couple times tho. Only other way he could do it is give Abreu DH, Grandal 1B and McCann behind the plate. Abreu doesn’t like to DH so I highly doubt that option happens with any frequency because Ricky doesn’t want to upset his veterans. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Let’s face it, with Collins not on the roster it simply means less opportunities for McCann. Grandal was signed to be your starting catcher and Ricky doesn’t have the luxury to use the DH spot for 1 of McCann/Grandal because of it. I know he did it last season a couple times tho. Only other way he could do it is give Abreu DH, Grandal 1B and McCann behind the plate. Abreu doesn’t like to DH so I highly doubt that option happens with any frequency because Ricky doesn’t want to upset his veterans. 

EE has been horrible though so why not give him a rest and use either Grandal or McCann as the DH. Doesn’t make any sense.

Edited by maloney.adam

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic