White Sox v Royals - Cease vs Duffy - 9/3/20 GT

ShoeLessRob

Robert has to be the best looking physical athlete the Sox have had since Bo Jackson. If he can stay healthy he's going to produce unbelievable numbers. Eloy and Robert could be McCovey/Mays. Anderson could be best hitting shortstop in team history. Abreu could be beloved legend like Pauley and Frank.

Moncada could be 8-time all star if he gets healthy. Grandal could be as important as AJP in postseasons. Note I leave out all pitchers. I think our staff is troublesome.

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

Robert has to be the best looking physical athlete the Sox have had since Bo Jackson. If he can stay healthy he's going to produce unbelievable numbers. Eloy and Robert could be McCovey/Mays. Anderson could be best hitting shortstop in team history. Abreu could be beloved legend like Pauley and Frank.

Moncada could be 8-time all star if he gets healthy. Grandal could be as important as AJP in postseasons. Note I leave out all pitchers. I think our staff is troublesome.

Obviously the rotation presents some problems, but with this lineup, all we need is a rotation that's in the top 10-15 of baseball and we're perennial pennant/WS contenders.  

We've got Giolito and Keuchel for the next two seasons.  We'll see if Keuchel can maintain his success as he ages, but he's the type of pitcher that can.  So far, Cease and Dunning seem capable of filling 2/3 remaining slots.  Yes, I know Cease's advanced stats are way behind his ERA/wins, but I still think he's easily a 4/5 type pitcher.  And yes, Dunning's sample size is certainly too small...but unlike Cease, I would think the advanced stats are there (haven't actually checked).  Next year, Kopech and maybe Lambert compete for starts from within the organization.  

Sometimes I think Sox fans want a #1 and four #2 starters in the rotation.  No team has that.  If they signed a mid-tier starter with a proven track record over the offseason, the rotation will be above average even accounting for normal wear and tear in terms of injuries, and that's all they need it to be.  (But, of course, will they?)

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic