Bummer/ Gonzales/Rodon

2Deep

Bummer - has a nerve issue, just hope he returns before october

Rodon - throwing in Schaumburg, hopefully next week

GG - should be next week too

This info was mostly shared in RHs recent press conference after trade deadline passed.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, pcq said:

Need a pool on how many innings Rodon pitches before surgery. I say three. 

I remember when people were counting on him this season. Should have learned. I really wish they would just make him a dominant bullpen guy at this point. Not sure he will be worth the 5mil or so next season. What a frustrating dude this guy has been. 

7 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

I remember when people were counting on him this season. Should have learned. I really wish they would just make him a dominant bullpen guy at this point. Not sure he will be worth the 5mil or so next season. What a frustrating dude this guy has been. 

Unfortunately, we need Rodon in the rotation now.  Probably going to piggy back Rodon and Gio G to start.  

Rodon supposedly threw 60(?) pitches in Schaumburg last weekend.  Haven't heard anything more beyond Keuchel saying Rodon could start or come out of the pen after the trade deadline passed.

GioG's IL stint is retroactive to Aug 27th so he would be eligible to come off this weekend.  Haven't seen anything further since he went on the IL on Aug 30.

On 9/4/2020 at 7:59 AM, soxfan49 said:

I don't think Bummer is coming back soon.

They said Gonzalez might be back by Sunday.

Rodon will likely be back soon.

Bummer moved to the 45 day DL.  Done for 2020.  This is gigantic loss for our 2020 hopes.  The bullpen will need some divine intervention.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Man I feel for Carlos, such potential, just made of glass. I don’t think he’ll attempt to convert to the BP either, due to his agent and his competitive nature. What are the chances he doesn’t throw a pitch as a White Sox again?

Rodon could potentially make more money in the future as an elite reliever than he would as a constantly injured starting pitcher.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Man I feel for Carlos, such potential, just made of glass. I don’t think he’ll attempt to convert to the BP either, due to his agent and his competitive nature. What are the chances he doesn’t throw a pitch as a White Sox again?

If the Sox don't non-tender him, he's going to have to adjust to not starting.  I just can't see the FO going into next season, a season with real expectations, penciling Rodon in every 5th day again.  Too many question marks in the rotation as it is.  At best he is the long man/spot starter/piggy back off Cease & Dunning until Kopech is up.