Which Sox player has your vote for MVP so far?

ron883

Which Sox player has your vote for MVP so far?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which Sox player has your vote for MVP so far?

• Tim Anderson
    • Jose Abreu
    • Luis Robert
    • Other

TA is 3rd in WAR in the AL despite missing 1/4 of the season. Putting up absolutely filthy numbers. Defense is still a net plus despite some errors.

Jose hasn't missed a game yet and has been putting up robust numbers. Team leader, which helps with MVP voting. Defense is much improved and IMO positive, despite what fangraphs says. 

Robert is 6th in the AL in WAR, 2nd in the team behind Timmy. Putting up ridiculous power numbers while playing outstanding defense in CF. Without a doubt anchoring the White Sox otherwise mediocre OF.

All are viable candidates. Who ya got?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It's between Abreu and TA at this point, but I would lean Jose right now. 

I agree it's between them.  The team went on a roll when Timmy came back but Jose has just had so many big hits....plus that series Jose had against the Cubbies was  otherworldly!!

Voted Tim Anderson, but strongly considered Luis Robert for his efforts covering the entire outfield this season, in addition to his bat. Tim Anderson is the leader of the team,  the team wouldn't be performing collectively without his leadership. I can see arguments for Abreu as well.

Dallas Keuchel has been the most valuable pitcher, Matt Foster and Danny Mendick are the two best pleasant surprises.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Haha 1

Definitely Abreu.  His fWAR is only 0.3 behind Tim’s for the team lead, but he’s been clutch this year, leads the majors in RBIs, and is more or less the leader of the positional guys.  Tim is definitely a close 2nd as he’s more or less the heart of the team and winning a second batting title in two years with improved power numbers is crazy.

Abreu was thought by many to be washed up.  FO was openly criticized for resigning him.  He came back 20 lbs lighter and transformed himself into his old hitting self.  His defense has never been better going from not so good to very good.  I don't recall a Sox player ever having such a bounce-back season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Abreu was thought by many to be washed up.  FO was openly criticized for resigning him.  He came back 20 lbs lighter and transformed himself into his old hitting self.  His defense has never been better going from not so good to very good.  I don't recall a Sox player ever having such a bounce-back season. 

I think he’s gotten himself in better shape.  And I will fully admit I was worried about his 2019 slash line against RHP, but he’s made me look like an asshole and for that I’d tell him thank you.

6 hours ago, Tony said:

Sort of goes without saying but it’s awesome to be having this debate right now.

It’s almost like the old stable of “Evolution” in WWE. You’ve got the old (Abreu), the present (Anderson) and the future (Robert) all stepping up in their own way, making huge contributions to the team. 

Between this WWE reference and the Cody Parkey/Colome comp, I’m so impressed!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Konerko 2003 vs 2004...and it’s not like Abreu was bad last year.  But yes, he’s been sensational.

Edited by fathom