What is your predicted pitching rotation next year?

periphery831

1. Keuchel

2. Giolito 

3. Dunning

4. Cease

5. Kopech

It's become more obvious that our hitting is post-season worthy but our pitching will be where we probably falter this season.

Next season, Kopech is a huge question mark and Dunning and Cease will need to solidify their positions.

Despite the promising young talent, we will probably have to get another elite pitcher.

Is Bauer the guy?

Edited by periphery831

2 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

You really think Kopech is going into the rotation after missing 2 years?? I don't think so. 

I'm putting a lot of weight on the SSS of what he looked like in March both in sides and his one time on the mound. Stuff was electric. Normal Spring Training for pitchers is 7-8 weeks.  That's a reasonable amount of time to shake off rust, especially considering he'll have a normal offseason to ramp up.  I can see a world where he's in the minors until June 1, but if he can't go at all as a starter, they're basically screwed.  Pitchers with Kopech's stuff just don't grow on trees.

Bauer's an interesting name, but he seems committed to signing a one year free agent contract every year for the rest of his career.  If true, can you imagine the Sox giving up their first round pick and $18 million for a guy who has been as inconsistent in his career as Bauer? I'd be surprised.

2 hours ago, Timmy U said:

I'm putting a lot of weight on the SSS of what he looked like in March both in sides and his one time on the mound. Stuff was electric. Normal Spring Training for pitchers is 7-8 weeks.  That's a reasonable amount of time to shake off rust, especially considering he'll have a normal offseason to ramp up.  I can see a world where he's in the minors until June 1, but if he can't go at all as a starter, they're basically screwed.  Pitchers with Kopech's stuff just don't grow on trees.

Bauer's an interesting name, but he seems committed to signing a one year free agent contract every year for the rest of his career.  If true, can you imagine the Sox giving up their first round pick and $18 million for a guy who has been as inconsistent in his career as Bauer? I'd be surprised.

Not only that. Do we honestly see JR willing to put up with Bauer's attitude and antics? I don't. So combine that with the price tag, and Bauer is a pipe dream IMO.

10 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Not only that. Do we honestly see JR willing to put up with Bauer's attitude and antics? I don't. So combine that with the price tag, and Bauer is a pipe dream IMO.

Where has this idea that JR won’t sign guys with questionable attitudes come from?  The guy signed Dennis freaking Rodman for crying out loud.  We had Carl headcase everett on our World Series team too.