Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
periphery831

What is your predicted pitching rotation next year?

Recommended Posts

1. Keuchel

2. Giolito 

3. Dunning

4. Cease

5. Kopech

It's become more obvious that our hitting is post-season worthy but our pitching will be where we probably falter this season.

Next season, Kopech is a huge question mark and Dunning and Cease will need to solidify their positions.

Despite the promising young talent, we will probably have to get another elite pitcher.

Is Bauer the guy?

 

 

 

Edited by periphery831

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, periphery831 said:

Stroman over Bauer, can you elaborate?

We don’t get nice things? 😆

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hi8is said:

We don’t get nice things? 😆

We don't get nice things long term. Bauer is the kind of guy that would love it here and on a one year deal? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

We don't get nice things long term. Bauer is the kind of guy that would love it here and on a one year deal? 

It’s a joke, son.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

1. Giolito

2. Keuchel

3. Stroman

4. Cease

5. Dunning

Feels right to me.  Would love Bauer though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, hi8is said:

It’s a joke, son.

It's a joke but true. We don't get nice pitchers like Bauer long term. So the one year deal is up our alley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

You really think Kopech is going into the rotation after missing 2 years?? I don't think so. 

 

I'm putting a lot of weight on the SSS of what he looked like in March both in sides and his one time on the mound. Stuff was electric. Normal Spring Training for pitchers is 7-8 weeks.  That's a reasonable amount of time to shake off rust, especially considering he'll have a normal offseason to ramp up.  I can see a world where he's in the minors until June 1, but if he can't go at all as a starter, they're basically screwed.  Pitchers with Kopech's stuff just don't grow on trees.

Bauer's an interesting name, but he seems committed to signing a one year free agent contract every year for the rest of his career.  If true, can you imagine the Sox giving up their first round pick and $18 million for a guy who has been as inconsistent in his career as Bauer? I'd be surprised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Timmy U said:

I'm putting a lot of weight on the SSS of what he looked like in March both in sides and his one time on the mound. Stuff was electric. Normal Spring Training for pitchers is 7-8 weeks.  That's a reasonable amount of time to shake off rust, especially considering he'll have a normal offseason to ramp up.  I can see a world where he's in the minors until June 1, but if he can't go at all as a starter, they're basically screwed.  Pitchers with Kopech's stuff just don't grow on trees.

Bauer's an interesting name, but he seems committed to signing a one year free agent contract every year for the rest of his career.  If true, can you imagine the Sox giving up their first round pick and $18 million for a guy who has been as inconsistent in his career as Bauer? I'd be surprised.

Not only that. Do we honestly see JR willing to put up with Bauer's attitude and antics? I don't. So combine that with the price tag, and Bauer is a pipe dream IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Not only that. Do we honestly see JR willing to put up with Bauer's attitude and antics? I don't. So combine that with the price tag, and Bauer is a pipe dream IMO.

Where has this idea that JR won’t sign guys with questionable attitudes come from?  The guy signed Dennis freaking Rodman for crying out loud.  We had Carl headcase everett on our World Series team too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Giolito

2. Keuchel

3. Marco Gonzalez

4. Cease

5. Dunning

Kopech, Stiever, and Dalquist are all traded in some capacity for Gonzalez and bullpen help

Edited by soxfan49

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the way this season has gone, I think the Sox make a quick strike this winter for either Stroman or Bauer.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

1. Giolito

2. Keuchel

3. Marco Gonzalez

4. Cease

5. Dunning

Kopech, Stiever, and Dalquist are all traded in some capacity for Gonzalez and bullpen help

I pray to god we don’t trade Kopech for Marco Gonzalez

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×