White Sox @ Royals - 9/5/20 - 6:05 CT

ShoeLessRob

I guess Ron has been forced into exile, or changed his screen name again?

There's the danger in staking your entire claim on one player's success or failure...

And why isn't Moncada being DL'ed when even national publications are running the story of how he still doesn't feel close to 100%?

The playoffs seem to be pretty much guaranteed, will playing Mendick there for 7-10 days really make more of a difference (to the W-L record) than a healthy Moncada for the post-season?

5 minutes ago, Steve9347 said:

Is Jose the second best hitter we’ve ever had? I’m ready to discuss. 

In the last 20-30 years?

Or entire franchise history?   Because he'd be Top 10, but still hasn't only had a 6+ year career with the White Sox.

https://thisgreatgame.com/chicago-white-sox-top-10-hitters/

This last has Abreu at #8 coming into 2020.

Baines, Appling, Dick Allen, Shoeless Joe, Eddie Collins, Minoso, Big Hurt ahead.

Ahead of Konerko, Nellie Fox, Aparicio, Ordonez, C-Lee, etc.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

There's the danger in staking your entire claim on one player's success or failure...

And why isn't Moncada being DL'ed when even national publications are running the story of how he still doesn't feel close to 100%?

The playoffs seem to be pretty much guaranteed, will playing Mendick there for 7-10 days really make more of a difference (to the W-L record) than a healthy Moncada for the post-season?

My guess is that resting for 10 days will not help him at all. 

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I wish we would stop talking about it. After Thursday they have 0 days off for the rest of the year. If it hasn't happened yet, it won't. Drop it

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Next time I'll stake my entire claim on a successful player the White Sox trade away, much like you have 

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin
  • Like 1

Just now, soxfan49 said:

I wish we would stop talking about it. After Thursday they have 0 days off for the rest of the year. If it hasn't happened yet, it won't. Drop it

Ummm...are you sure you don't work for the Soviet or Chinese press?

Doesn't mean it's not at least worth discussing, it's like talking about RR's eventual fate pretty much every single game.

Giolito with a mistake pitch right down the middle...O'Hearn couldn't do anything with it.

Just now, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Next time I'll stake my entire claim on a successful player the White Sox trade away, much like you have 

But I wasn't wrong...lol.

I've also been 100% behind Robert and Madrigal from the very beginning, for example.

Now pitching is MUCH MUCH more difficult to predict.   For example, Jack Parkman has gotten credit for supporting Giolito, but there have been individual strings of doubts expressed along with the positive ones, for example.

Now we have a smash off Moncada's knee.   That might make the DL even more likely.   107 MPH top spin, couldn't get a glove on it.