And that’s a HOLY SHIRT Roberts Catch White Sox Winner!!!!

southsider2k5

The Cubs are in First Place but it seems like  there is more buzz around the Chicago area about Robert, Eloy and the White Sox. 

Reinsdorf should be given great credit for signing Abreu to an extension when some people questioned that move.  Abreu has not only played like an MVP, but he helped to recruit Robert and showed Moncada, Eloy and Robert how to conduct themselves  on and off the field.  The guy is a leader and so is TA.

This team doesn't have selfish players, nut jobs, showboats and @holes on it.  On the contrary  the White Sox are one of the more likeable teams we have had on the South side since our 2005 WS team.   Like the advertisement states - Good guys wear black.

• Like 2

Robert is so good I bet the Sox only need two outfielders out there at one time: Robert and Engel could cover the whole OF by themselves probably.

Abreu is so good the guy on here that rips him can't possibly rip him again (I won't see if he does as I ignored him). Tim Anderson wracks up so many multi-hit games it's inconceivable. And Grandal is much better than some critics give him credit for.

Also good pitching tonight. If Sox make the playoffs they should try and win it, outscore people. Just as the Twins make it every year and get beat by the Yankees, there's no law that says the Sox can't make it once in a blue moon and win it all as in '05. Don't rip me. I realize the Sox have major flaws and mainly have beaten up on horrific teams and could fall flat on their faces, but they also could stay hot and win it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Robert is so good I bet the Sox only need two outfielders out there at one time: Robert and Engel could cover the whole OF by themselves probably.

Abreu is so good the guy on here that rips him can't possibly rip him again (I won't see if he does as I ignored him). Tim Anderson wracks up so many multi-hit games it's inconceivable. And Grandal is much better than some critics give him credit for.

Also good pitching tonight. If Sox make the playoffs they should try and win it, outscore people. Just as the Twins make it every year and get beat by the Yankees, there's no law that says the Sox can't make it once in a blue moon and win it all as in '05. Don't rip me. I realize the Sox have major flaws and mainly have beaten up on horrific teams and could fall flat on their faces, but they also could stay hot and win it.

They could definitely win it.  Sure we could run into Cole but I like our lineup’s chances against any bullpen, which is our huge advantage. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

They could definitely win it.  Sure we could run into Cole but I like our lineup’s chances against any bullpen, which is our huge advantage. 

Sox did well versus the Cubs. I'd like to see the Sox play the Yankees or Red Sox or some of those teams that usually own the Sox before the playoffs. I'm assuming we play no AL East teams this weird season.

18 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Abreu is so good the guy on here that rips him can't possibly rip him again (I won't see if he does as I ignored him). 

Dude...its just a shtick. Ron actually likes Abreu. He just likes getting under people's skin even more. Dude knows how to push buttons and i always enjoy watching high quality trolling. The roids angle recently was brilliant. You guys bit on it hook, line and sinker. Ron prolly enjoyed some good popcorn reading the responses. After he hit a HR today, I was half expecting Ron to post a Barry Bonds and Sammy Sosa pic with a "Was it the cream or clear, Jose?" line after it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Dude...its just a shtick. Ron actually likes Abreu. He just likes getting under people's skin even more. Dude knows how to push buttons and i always enjoy watching high quality trolling. The roids angle recently was brilliant. You guys bit on it hook, line and sinker. Ron prolly enjoyed some good popcorn reading the responses. After he hit a HR today, I was half expecting Ron to post a Barry Bonds and Sammy Sosa pic with a "Was it the cream or clear, Jose?" line after it.

Maybe. It doesn't make sense to troll Abreu if you are a Sox fan. I can understand concern about the contract like a majority of the board did. But it been made pretty common knowledge that Abreu is a class act and plays papi to the young Latin players not just young Cubans. How is it possible to hate Abreu ? How is it possible to troll a Sox player so likable and influential ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I won't say any more about that poster, cause the mods don't want me to derail threads like people say I do, except to say if he likes Abreu, he sure kept up the schtick a long time last year. Whenever he did badly he ripped him mercilessly and also got on him almost daily for chewing tobacco. If it's a game he's playing, yes, admittedly he got me cause I worship Abreu so to speak.

I usually despise one or two Sox myself but I decided to enjoy this covid-shortened season no matter what. Just having baseball taking my mind off the riots and Covid has been great. I can honestly say the only Sox I'm close to despising are some of our lousy relievers as well as Delmonico. I feel more sad for Delmonico than anger toward him. He just can't hit MLB.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, greg775 said:

Sox did well versus the Cubs. I'd like to see the Sox play the Yankees or Red Sox or some of those teams that usually own the Sox before the playoffs. I'm assuming we play no AL East teams this weird season.

there are laws against first degree murder greg

• Like 1