3 games over Toronto, 3 1/2 games up on Yankees 

AL West

3 games over Houston, 8 games up on Seattle

NL East

3 1/2 games over Phils, 5 games up on Marlins

NL Central

5 games over Cardinals, 6 games over Brewers 

NL West

1 1/2 games over Padres, 6 games over Rockies (only comparable division with White Sox that would have three top teams, although can certainly argue for the Yankees, Blue Jays, Rays trio, too.)

Edited by caulfield12

7 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, we could very easily be eliminated in a single game after being one of the best 8-10 teams in MLB.

In any other division (with one possible exception,) we’d at least be getting a guaranteed playoff series.  

How many teams do you think make the playoffs this year?

• Thanks 2

So if we finish in third place (just as likely as third based on head to head records in 2020), we still get a 3 to 5 game playoff series, guaranteed?

Because it feels like it could still be very much like 2006, when we finished with 90+ victories and managed not to make the playoffs because Detroit and Minnesota were so good that second half.

So that’s really great to know there won’t be any one game, sudden death elimination exits despite an expanded, 16 team playoff field.

5 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Caulfield just wants to make sure our expectations are not too high and if they are, make sure they go down.  There is an exciting young team in San Diego that needs our attention more 

Thanks for practically guaranteeing we will finish in 1st or 2nd, lol.  Since it very much won’t be a disappointing, what if feeling like 2006 if we were to still qualify as the 7th/8th team in the AL field.

Btw, if you didn’t have me, 1/2 your likes would suddenly disappear, so extremely grateful for the opportunity to advance that count.

Please run the simulation of SoxTalk Leaderboard without me, see how the rankings shift.  Interesting stuff.  Personally, I’d rather be known like CWS, Southsider2k5, Fathom, Dick Allen, Balta, Bmags and even Look @ Ray Ray Run for their areas of expertise, but it is what is...

38 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Thanks for practically guaranteeing we will finish in 1st or 2nd, lol.  Since it very much won’t be a disappointing, what if feeling like 2006 if we were to still qualify as the 7th/8th team in the AL field.

Btw, if you didn’t have me, 1/2 your likes would suddenly disappear, so extremely grateful for the opportunity to advance that count.

Please run the simulation of SoxTalk Leaderboard without me, see how the rankings shift.  Interesting stuff.  Personally, I’d rather be known like CWS, Southsider2k5, Fathom, Dick Allen, Balta, Bmags and even Look @ Ray Ray Run for their areas of expertise, but it is what is...

Interesting stuff indeed

• Haha 1

Not sure if Caufield was throwing me dap or shade, similarly to this thread being about 2006 but not 2006 but kind of 2006 but not totally 2006 but maybe similar to 2006 in ways but not the same but could be bad just like then but not positive if that's going to happen but maybe it will... oh 2006

• Haha 2