White Sox @ Royals - 9/6/20 - 1:05 CT

ShoeLessRob

Just now, TheFutureIsNear said:

DFA Cordero and tell Cisheck to get the hell away forever. Ricky can’t help himself with either.

And I understood not giving up a big piece for a SP, but not getting any bullpen help at the deadline was a giant mistake. They had to already known the Bummer prognosis. There were a handful of steady RP’s that went for cheap

Cordero is useful. He just shouldn't pitch every game in high leverage situations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Cordero is useful. He just shouldn't pitch every game in high leverage situations. 

Ya I don’t even disagree. But unfortunately we have an insane coach, so my thought is that if you take away Cordero all together Ricky can’t misuse the hell out of him. Sad for Cordero and sad for Sox fans that this is where we are 

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

So Stone just said we couldnt trust Flores because its a 5-2 lead and we dont know what we have.  Then of course we sent a pitcher we know is pure shit.  

If there was ever a time to let Flores pitch, it was this inning. It's not like the alternatives have done much better.

• Thanks 1

Just now, TheFutureIsNear said:

Ya I don’t even disagree. But unfortunately we have an insane coach, so my thought is that if you take away Cordero all together Ricky can’t misuse the hell out of him. Sad for Cordero and sad for Sox fans that this is where we are 

Take away Cordero and he just over uses Marshall.  Or Foster.  Or someone else. 

5 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

DFA Cordero and tell Cisheck to get the hell away forever. Ricky can’t help himself with either.

And I understood not giving up a big piece for a SP, but not getting any bullpen help at the deadline was a giant mistake. They had to already known the Bummer prognosis. There were a handful of steady RP’s that went for cheap

I wonder if our mid tier prospects were considered so meh that no one was interested? If not, an inexcusable non move by Hahn