The Good Times

Nokona

10 hours ago, tray said:

Mazara and EE are starting to hit. Now if Moncada starts feeling better and returns to his pre-covid form, this line-up will be a juggernaut.

They already are a juggernaut. If those 3 start hitting, I don't give a shit what pitchers teams throw at them in October. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, periphery831 said:

2005 seems like a lifetime ago, I'm also an Arsenal FC fan and they won the league last in 2004.

Both teams now are showing huge promise. 15 years of sporting depression, let's go!

I'm a Tottenham supporter. What does winning the league mean? 

2005 is the only time since the Jordan Era a team I've supported and followed has won a championship. I'm a bandwagon Blackhawks fan like everyone in Chicago during a playoff run but I'm not really a hockey person so that doesn't count lol. 

6 minutes ago, thedoctor said:

these are the good times. ain’t we lucky we got em?

next year we deal with EXPECTATIONS.

Expectations started this year for most fans. 2020 was always the year I expected the team to compete for the division. I didn't give a damn about Minny winning 104 and us 77 or whatever. Roster turnover could take care of that. 

3 hours ago, Chris Sale said:

2005 is the only time since the Jordan Era a team I've supported and followed has won a championship. I'm a bandwagon Blackhawks fan like everyone in Chicago during a playoff run but I'm not really a hockey person so that doesn't count lol. 

Chicago has overall been pretty spoiled compared to the old days. In modern history, we have the Blackhawk dynasty, the Bulls dynasty, the Sox 05 WS title, the Cubs WS title. That's not bad. The Bears 85 title was the one that busted the city's long long drought. As a city, there have been plenty of parades. Dynasties in hockey and basketball to go with a WS title on both sides of town is pretty good.

Just want to emphasize to enjoy this.

I have good friends who one is a Reds fan and the other a Phillies fan. We were all excited for the season, especially the Reds fan.

Phillies look like they can sneak into the 8th, and Reds need to fight like hell to do so (would be at expense of Phillies).

That could have easily been the sox this year. Robert could have rightfully struggled mightily. Tigers and Royals could have given us more of a fight. TA, Abreu and Eloy could have been good but not great, and we'd be middling. Our bullpen could have cratered.

We are focused a lot on what the few things the sox could do now to make better. But this really is perhaps the best case scenario if you run this season 100 times. I've only had a sox offense like this a few times in my life. It's only felt like a handful of times where you felt like the sox were the team that the other team had to worry about flipping the game on its head.

This is good shit!

• Like 2

Just now, bmags said:

Just want to emphasize to enjoy this.

I have good friends who one is a Reds fan and the other a Phillies fan. We were all excited for the season, especially the Reds fan.

Phillies look like they can sneak into the 8th, and Reds need to fight like hell to do so (would be at expense of Phillies).

That could have easily been the sox this year. Robert could have rightfully struggled mightily. Tigers and Royals could have given us more of a fight. TA, Abreu and Eloy could have been good but not great, and we'd be middling. Our bullpen could have cratered.

We are focused a lot on what the few things the sox could do now to make better. But this really is perhaps the best case scenario if you run this season 100 times. I've only had a sox offense like this a few times in my life. It's only felt like a handful of times where you felt like the sox were the team that the other team had to worry about flipping the game on its head.

This is good shit!

Yeah about the only thing that could have gone better is the health of the pitching staff or having Kopech around, assuming he didn't get hurt too.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Yeah about the only thing that could have gone better is the health of the pitching staff or having Kopech around, assuming he didn't get hurt too.

But given the pitching injuries this year, sox don't seem to be out of place. Luckily, knock on wood, only Lambert's took him out for the season. We have a shot to get our best reliever back for October.

Kopech would have been a lot of fun this year, that's my biggest wish. But I really just vividly remember thinking in 2016 how upsetting it was we couldn't make it work with Abreu, Sale and Q. And watching Abreu not just be on this team, but smashing his way to a top 5 MVP season while mentoring and being the leader, carrying this team into the playoffs. Damn that makes me emotional just thinking about it :)