Dallas Keuchel leaves game with back injury

caulfield12

Not a good sign of course but I think it is the right decision to skip a start. sox absolutely need a fresh and healthy keuchel in the postseason and better skip one start now and give away a RS game than having a compromised keuchel in the playoffs.

Hopefully the rest can resolve that or at least bring it to a manageable level.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

This means Dallas can't be back until 9/17 against the Twins.

It also means Reylo is starting Saturday against Detroit.

Would rather see Flores get the start and then see what Lopez can do. Disappointing that it looks like they’re giving him another start so soon.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

This means Dallas can't be back until 9/17 against the Twins.

It also means Reylo is starting Saturday against Detroit.

Yep. They just did it so they didn't need to send someone else down to get a starting pitcher for saturday. 9/17 is the regular rotation spot for him with skipping one start.

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Yep. They just did it so they didn't need to send someone else down to get a starting pitcher for saturday. 9/17 is the regular rotation spot for him with skipping one start.

It also means we'll have to come up with a spot start on Tuesday against the Twins. I'm guessing Rodon may be ready by then?

I look at it this way: I have zero faith in Lopez, but Saturday would have been a bullpen day anyway.  (Flores says he was stretched out to about 3 innings in Schaumburg).  If Lopez gets into trouble, start emptying a fairly well-rested pen starting with Gonzalez, Flores, and Detwiler.  If Lucas can give you at least 6 on Friday, that should be very doable.  I am not thrilled, but it’s not the end of the world. I’m sure RR will have him on a short leash.  I’m actually more afraid he will do well, and then he is counted on every fifth day for the last 15 games.

Lopez has certainly regressed from when he got here. I remember watching a video of him pitching for the Nats and he was striking out a hoard of guys. What was weird in the video was that the scoreboard showed the nats losing like 5-0 in spite of all those SO. So maybe he was giving yp dingers in between SO.

hopefully someone can get him on track with his mechanics and mental approach. It’s been done before.