Twins offense

Dominikk85

It is pretty bad. After setting the all time homer record the twins have regressed quite a bit this year.

Nelson Cruz is still nelson cruz but overall the team is hitting pretty pedestrian or better yet bad. The twins are ranked 11th in the AL with a 94 wRC+ which is worse than the orioles and tigers.

Sure some of it is bad luck and players should get a little better but they probably also had some over performers last year.

Wrc+ 19/20

Kepler 121/104

Polanco 119/93

Arraez 125/76

Buxton 111/76

Rosario 103/91

Gonzalez 93/68

New acquisition donaldson was solid but hurt most of the year, only sano and cruz have consistently performed well.

I do expect some guys get a little better but I dont think kepler, arraez and polanco are 120 wrc+ guys and buxton is also probably more of a 90 wrc+ guy.

Projections till end of 2020

Kepler around 110

Polanco around 103

Arraez around 100

Rosario around 103

I think some people maybe believed a bit too much into the breakouts they had last year (especially kepler, rosario, arraez and polanco). I probably overrated them a bit too.

Edited by Dominikk85
  • Like 1

Garver had a huge year last year. Kepler seems to be regressing with the bat and now he is hurt I think. They let Schoop and Cron go, Tigers picked them up and Schoop has helped them a lot. Rosario has not taken the next step up, seems to have hit his level. 

1 hour ago, reiks12 said:

It is interesting how they decline after the Astros scandal.. Makes you think. Now if only MLB can find the right PED test for Cruz. It fascinates me how hes having another career year at the young age of 40. 

Now nobody can use the video room between at bats. It can affect everyone, even those that weren't cheating. Grandal and J-Mart both talked about it hurting them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, reiks12 said:

It is interesting how they decline after the Astros scandal.. Makes you think. Now if only MLB can find the right PED test for Cruz. It fascinates me how hes having another career year at the young age of 40. 

They dont test for specific PEDs during the initial test any longer.  The test doe levels being off. They only look for the substance after a test is positive.