White Sox @ Pirates - 9/8/20 - 6:05 CT

ShoeLessRob

Just now, Soxbadger said:

The overreactions after losses are the best.

You would think people would realize in baseball, even the good teams are going to lose a lot of games, and they are going to have losses that are ugly like this one.  It happens - you move on and know that in the long run of the season, the talent prevails and this team has that (its why they have the record they do).  

Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

he gives up runs in almost every outing 

Yeah cause he pitches almost every game. If you throw a guy out there every day when he's not meant to be, why would you expect good results? Cordero isn't great, but what exactly is the alternative?

2 minutes ago, RudyLawRules said:

Grandal has these lazy effort moments that are maddening. I did not see that in his scouting report when we signed him.

Not the first time he loses focus and quits on the play.

Unacceptable.

Edit: Read fathom's post and forgot about the crap with the Dodgers... especially catching the ball in that playoff series. Ugh.

Last week when he was too busy looking into the dugout while the ball was going past him at home plate.  

Grandal has not been impressive as a catcher most of this season, seems slow and lazy. McCann should be catching most days, and I would sure rather see Grandal at DH over EE. I also think the Mazara experiment needs to be put on hold - I have never seen a player watch more good pitches go by.

• Like 1

I do not mind losing but you can't lose games like tonight.

Evan Marshall was brutal tonight. Throwing pitches right down the middle on 2 strike counts.

Jimmy Cordero has no clue where the ball is going.

Grandal was just putrid on defense and calling pitches tonight. 

The team lost focus tonight

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Oh come on, that game was easily the ugliest game of the year. You had bad base running, terrible defense and a player gave up a free base because he sat on the rail.

Its 1 loss, they are in first place with a really young core. Shitty things happen, they need to learn not to take games like this for granted.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic