Vaughn interview

southsider2k5

Probably doesn't hurt to try him in the OF, 3B, etc. 

It's a shame Eloy is such a joke in the OF for two reasons: A) he should be a DH but with Vaughn and Abreu its not happening. Also b) bad because it'd be nice for him to fill in at RF and then hide a Vaughn or McCann in LF. But alas those aren't options. 

Talent evaluation is key.  I wonder if some other teams scouts asked to see Vaughn in the outfield.

Vaughn appeared to me to lack speed and athleticism in the Spring.  I keep thinking of that play where he was running from first to home while his teammates were laughing as he was gasping for breath after chugging the last 90 feet. 

Vaughn could become a shorter version of Paul Konerko but he did not look that great at 1B, a position that requires reach and flexibility - not a short, tank like physique. 

Despite botching a few plays, Eloy takes long strides and covers a lot of ground. He is improving and will not be displaced by Vaughn who, unfortunately, is way too slow to play outfield.

My hope is that Vaughn proves that he can absolutely rake in the Minors next year and then come up as a RH DH/pinch hitter.  The other possibility is that he has enough trade value to get some decent pitching back in return.  The Sox are not going to get rid of EE during the last few weeks of this season so let's see what Vaughn ad Burgur will do in the minors next year.

McCann in LF ?   OK, proceed.

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, tray said:

I wonder if some other teams scouts asked to see Vaughn in the outfield.

The White Sox were one of a few teams that did not allow for scouting ( even video feeds ) from Schaumburg. So the answer to your question is a definite no.

• Haha 1

Vaughn is not going to be traded. Next year mccann and EE are likely gone and then DH is open for him.

As for the people wanting to trade him: consider that he is a good prospect but he still is a right handed first baseman. Fangraphs have him ranked 40th as a 55 fv. That means you are mistaken if you believe him and a throw in gets you bieber or buehler, more likely you would get a guy with 2 years of control or more of a mediocre guy and I rather have a 120 wRC+ first baseman the next 7 years (even if that is worth only like 2.5 WAR) rather than getting a mediocre pitcher for him and a throw in.

If you really want a young super ace we are talking vaughn AND kopech and that is too much for me. 

Sure if the indians get a brain stopping and offer you bieber for vaughn and rutherford you do it immediately but that is not going to happen.

• Haha 1