White Sox @ Pirates. 9/9 - 6:05

Bad Hombre

6 minutes ago, quickman said:

They need a right fielder, veteran starter and a closer next year and we win. I am also including keeping McCann . Long shot I know. But you want to win it all that’s the need .

Can solve for all 3 with blockbuster trade w/Brewers. Yelich, Burnes and Williams for Eloy.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

I am saying he is a goner the minute the season is over no matter what.  They took a shot at him and it flopped.  No need to compound it when there are other options.  Acquisition cost of a new RF will have no bearing on Mazara’s exit.  That fate has been sealed. 

I hope your right 

12 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

$45 million dollars are coming off the books.  Mazara costs $5.6M.  They won’t keep a terrible performer not signed long term because of money.  Not DFAing him mid season is them refusing to admit their mistake. 

As I've said, this fanbase would have cut Anderson, Moncada, Grandal, Giolito, etc at various different times. 

If you were GM, we'd be 0-162 I'm absolutely sure, because what you said there are zero GMs that would do. They should have cut Mazara after 15-20 games? Ya ok. It's too bad we have the most insane fans in baseball, because you can't even enjoy wins. Every single thread turns into a complaint-fest

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, quickman said:

I hope your right 

Why? You'll just complain about whoever they bring in.

This team is in 1st place in the toughest division in baseball and will be even better next year just by internal improvements.

Haters already getting nervous, looking to grasp at whatever straws they can lol

Edited by CeaseAndExist
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, CeaseAndExist said:

As I've said, this fanbase would have cut Anderson, Moncada, Grandal, Giolito, etc at various different times. 

If you were GM, we'd be 0-162 I'm absolutely sure, because what you said there are zero GMs that would do. They should have cut Mazara after 15-20 games? Ya ok. It's too bad we have the most insane fans in baseball, because you can't even enjoy wins. Every single thread turns into a complaint-fest

I don’t know why you quoted me cuz I don’t know what the F you are talking about. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Didn't watch the game, but...

I heard Moncada looked really good tonight. We know he's back when he starts hitting baseballs 110+ mph again. 

Running better, swinging the bat better, made a great play at 3B on a topped ball.  If he gets near last season's form we'll be scary good.  COVID's a tough one to kick if it hits you the wrong way.  The medical profession isn't sure of the long-term effects yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Running better, swinging the bat better, made a great play at 3B on a topped ball.  If he gets near last season's form we'll be scary good.  COVID's a tough one to kick if it hits you the wrong way.  The medical profession isn't sure of the long-term effects yet.

Yep, I know. 

Dunning had pinpoint control. His fastball had movement and his slider had bite to it.  I think he is going to be a lock as a 4th starter but at the same time,  I realize that Pittsburgh's line-up is weak and that the Pirates are pretty much going through the paces instead of really bearing down in every at=bat to win.

I wonder how Dunning will fare against Josh Donaldson, Nelson Cruz, Sano and the Twins in the upcoming series with them. We shall soon see.

Edited by tray

9 hours ago, CeaseAndExist said:

Why? You'll just complain about whoever they bring in.

This team is in 1st place in the toughest division in baseball and will be even better next year just by internal improvements.

Haters already getting nervous, looking to grasp at whatever straws they can lol

Actually I am not a hater at all. Personally I think the whitesox keep him because he is cheap and the biggest need for them next year is a starting pitcher( veteran) and a closer. Personally that is my thought. I don’t hate the team I have followed them since 1970, that stated I do think right field is a hole but they certainly can get away with it because everyone else is so good. Hope that clarifies. 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

As things stand right now, I agree with this. I think they are going to cite his “illness” to start the season and how odd this entire year was, they still have big hopes for Mazara, blah blah blah. 

Nah, Stone has been taking some shots at him.  That’s the kiss of death 

16 hours ago, CeaseAndExist said:

Every team in every sport has threads that complain. And I'm not sure the majority wanted to cut Anderson or Moncada. People had doubts but I wouldn't go that far. Abreu is a different story though. He was two games a away from being a banned word here. 

Lots of posters said Moncada should stay at second base- "his natural position"

And many said McCann would regress,that Giolito was toast after his bad year, TA should play Center field,  that Abreu should not be signed to an extension,,,

Lots of great advice here.