NFL Thread 2020-2021

bmags

41 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Can’t remember last time a team lost 2 TD’s on replay, but If any team can do it, it’s Da Bears!

The 2nd one was the right call - but that first one crazy. Beyond that not only did they lose the replay - they lost possession on both plays. Hell of a win! 

And Nagy pulled the plug on Mitch at the right time. 

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

You can clearly see that he knows where players should be when he lets the ball go.

They actually took shots down field and connected. Mitch just doesn’t and can’t take shots down field. You can’t win in NFL if the league doesn’t respect your big play ability. Makes everything harder and if you don’t have that big play ability you got to be a magician at everything else and he isn’t. 

Nick is still mediocre but that might be enough for this team to be pretty good. I think they come out big next week.

On 9/27/2020 at 3:43 PM, Soxfest said:

No reason Mitch starts again in a Bear uniform!

I actually feel sorry for the kid.

The bears stupidly squandering resources to move up, AND to overdraft him so horrifically would be like asking me to go toe to toe with Jon Jones. I mean, the kid never had a fvkcing prayer of amounting to anything. He so clearly lacks the physical and mental ability to play at this level. And for any mouthbreathing moron to have so moronically overdrafted him so high is just fvkcing disgusting. Drafting Trubisky in the first place was like giving an 8 year old a cape, and asking him to compete in a fvkcing bullfight, when he was never ever a 1st round talent, even if you were drunk and high when making the pick.

I used to boo the player when I was a younger man. Now that I have a few more years' experience, I boo the mouthbreathing morons that put him in the position to fail in the first place. Ryan Pace should resign, if he had any class or character about him.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

18 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

So the Titans had a player test positive on Saturday, they played anyway, and by Tuesday they have 3 players and 5 staff who are positive and now the Vikings are at risk also? Did no one learn anything from baseball?

They have pretty good protocols with the wristbands, etc. Stuff is going to come up - its natural. I think football has essentially said we are going to put people in isolation based upon who has came in contact and keep moving forward. I guess we'll see now that they are going through this.  The only fool proof solution is a bubble - but many of the leagues (and likely the players) ultimately couldn't get their arms around that and decided this was the approach they want to take (more freedom - but obviously more risks).  

41 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

They have pretty good protocols with the wristbands, etc. Stuff is going to come up - its natural. I think football has essentially said we are going to put people in isolation based upon who has came in contact and keep moving forward. I guess we'll see now that they are going through this.  The only fool proof solution is a bubble - but many of the leagues (and likely the players) ultimately couldn't get their arms around that and decided this was the approach they want to take (more freedom - but obviously more risks).  

What was the lesson MLB learned? That all their protocols were quaint once a person got it, and a single positive test required them to shut down for 3 days until everyones tests came back clean twice, otherwise they had the Marlins and Cardinals.

So, Bears game in a few hours.  Good litmus test.

The Bears haven’t put together more than 2 quarters of solid football so far this season, but Foles may be the catalyst that can make it happen.  Hope so.

Optimist: 24-17 Bears

Pessimist: 24-17 Colts, with two bad turnovers by Foles