NFL Thread 2020-2021

bmags

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

Foles allergic to quality 3rd down throws. 

His miss was bad but that pick to Robinson...three times this year with Robinson. 

Bears defense is a real issue. They have way too much money allocated to side of the football for the piss poor pass rush and inability to create turnovers. 

4 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

His miss was bad but that pick to Robinson...three times this year with Robinson. 

Bears defense is a real issue. They have way too much money allocated to side of the football for the piss poor pass rush and inability to create turnovers. 

Yep just a bad team with a very bad coach and GM.  Those comebacks overshadowed just how bad they’ve been most of the season.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

You have to go back to Trubisky, as Rex isn’t walking through that door

That was worse than any miss I saw from Mitch. That was brutal #2. Foles, sans one quarter, has looked worse than Mitch did in every other quarter thus far. 

I hope a switch flips here - if not - it is going to be an interesting week and what bears do. 

Would be nice if defense could do something here. 

1 minute ago, StrangeSox said:

They traded away picks for Foles

The big thing for me is not going to Cam. Cowardly. I said it before - if you want to take a swing swing big. Newton was either going to be rejuvenated and great or he was a low risk guy you move on from. 

Foles is better than this - you just know he is totally mediocre. But Foles is good enough you know whether it’s Nagy or a talent issue. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

So for those that follow the Bears more closely than I do, is Nagy and/or pace expected to be on the hot seat after the season if things go bad?

Depends on what happens. Pace is a tough one cause he has found some good value picks but he has also missed on a lot of first rounders. 

6 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Depends on what happens. Pace is a tough one cause he has found some good value picks but he has also missed on a lot of first rounders. 

In Nagys defense - he has called some nice plays in this one. Foles missed a wide open td and the first drive where Foles missed wide open Robinson and the interception wasn’t a bad play either. 

let’s hope Foles is about to go on a hot streak for rest of the game! 

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

So for those that follow the Bears more closely than I do, is Nagy and/or pace expected to be on the hot seat after the season if things go bad?

They should be fired, but they won't be. 

Pace has completely failed in the first round. Picked 3 times in the top 8 and whiffed on all of them. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

That play design to Patterson was the maybe the best theyve created for this team.

Also they should be running him motion to fake fly sweep. Wisconsin used to do it with Melvin Gordon and it really forces the defense to move around and softens up the middle.

Yeah - that was nice. They had been so predictable in their use of Patterson this season - was nice to see them open things up a bit more. 

I am expecting to see more of Kmet at some point today too.