NFL Thread 2020-2021

bmags

Missed the game driving last night.

Incredible this team is 4-1. Really love the Bears secondary this year. I'm not sure I would put another previous bears group ahead of our starting CBs and safeties with how well johnson and fuller are playing. And i'd say that eddie jackson hasn't even been EDDIE JACKSON as much this year.

And you'd kinda just hope offense gets better. The schedule is doable to make some noise.

I think Nagy has some trouble in play calling.  The start of the second half was abysmal.  Hopefully they can figure it out and maybe Foles will have a say in that.

That being said the Bucs and Colts ae two of the better run defenses in football so hopefully they can try and establish the run some going forward and get the offense in sync.

I think the Bears are ok, they benefitted from a short week and team on the road last evening. 

11 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I think Nagy has some trouble in play calling.  The start of the second half was abysmal.  Hopefully they can figure it out and maybe Foles will have a say in that.

That being said the Bucs and Colts ae two of the better run defenses in football so hopefully they can try and establish the run some going forward and get the offense in sync.

I think the Bears are ok, they benefitted from a short week and team on the road last evening. 

I mean being 4-1 has not convinced me Nagy is a good playcaller. Teams with a lot worse offensive talent have done more than he has. Dolphins with Fitzpatrick doing more than the Bears.

He needs to let go, it's not like he was a bruce arians type dude who had been an OC for years and years. He had called plays for four games in KC. He's called it for 2.25 years now with no offense in top 15. 

On 10/9/2020 at 12:50 PM, bmags said:

I mean being 4-1 has not convinced me Nagy is a good playcaller. Teams with a lot worse offensive talent have done more than he has. Dolphins with Fitzpatrick doing more than the Bears.

He needs to let go, it's not like he was a bruce arians type dude who had been an OC for years and years. He had called plays for four games in KC. He's called it for 2.25 years now with no offense in top 15. 

Just another season where the Bears win ugly games against a weak schedule. They'll win 8 or fewer games next season, same as it's always been for the last 30 years. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

On 10/10/2020 at 4:51 PM, Middle Buffalo said:

I don’t understand why the NFL mandates that coaches wear masks on the sidelines, but the players don’t have to. Seems like a superficial rule. 

Maybe it's because they're a lot older, in more susceptible categories, and a mask is better than no mask.

Vikings coach with a dumb call on 4th and inches instead of kicking a FG there and forcing Wilson to score a TD and a 2 pt conversion just to tie, of course it comes back to bite them. 😂

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

I kinda worry that Bell would be a distraction. Not as a locker room distraction, but to Nagy who already has a bunch of players he needs to figure out how to correctly use them. Now he'd have a shiny new backup runningback he'll make a bunch of designed plays for and will force them into the flow of the offense.

8 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

Especially when the replay was clearly shoulder to shoulder. Looked bad live, but they take the time to look at it and get it wrong.

Can they review that aspect of it?

4 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Same thing happened last week with Fuller, they threw flag, reviewed it and called it a catch, fumble, clean hit. If I’m not mistaken. 

Ah good call forgot about that.