NFL Thread 2020-2021

bmags

9 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Yea that Fuller penalty was BS. 

That penalty, the pass interference that lead to the TD on Johnson. Just real bad. I also thought the Foles roughing the passer was bad too. 

No idea how this team is 5-1 but Nagy is a decent head coach and a horrible play caller.  They need to figure out how to run the ball under center with Foles at QB like they were doing with Mitch or something. 

8 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Same thing happened last week with Fuller, they threw flag, reviewed it and called it a catch, fumble, clean hit. If I’m not mistaken. 

Not a review where they watched film. Just the refs huddling together to confirm on the call. Technically this flag I think was for hitting a defenseless player but was a tough call. 

By the way - another no show for Anthony Miller. Forgot Trubisky miss - Miller was a bigger miss. Mitch was a qb and while they missed you take that shot all day long. 

Miller is a bust and essentially was a whiff of 2 2nd round picks. He had another dumb play today where he cost them a 1st down. 

Mooney is real deal. Bought time Bears had a wideout with speed! 

• Like 1

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

By the way - another no show for Anthony Miller. Forgot Trubisky miss - Miller was a bigger miss. Mitch was a qb and while they missed you take that shot all day long. 

Miller is a bust and essentially was a whiff of 2 2nd round picks. He had another dumb play today where he cost them a 1st down. 

Also Roquan has shown up. Too bad Pace kept Danny T over Kwit. Danny is the weak link on this defense. 

Johnson is legit. He had a tough game today. A few bad plays and some costly borderline penalties but kept grinding at same time. Really a big fan of him. He did miss what should have been a Teddy Bridgewatsr pick in the red zone with a horrible play on the ball that actually gave what should have been an easy TD to Panthers (Moore dropped it though).

Nice to see Kmet with some plays. Robinson had an off game.  And Nagy had some straight up trash play calls today. He had some good ones but he gets cute way too often. Build up a real offense and than add some cute vs just being cute. 

Non Bears note: Adam Gase had to coach his final game for the Jets right?

5 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Also Roquan has shown up. Too bad Pace kept Danny T over Kwit. Danny is the weak link on this defense. 

Johnson is legit. He had a tough game today. A few bad plays and some costly borderline penalties but kept grinding at same time. Really a big fan of him. He did miss what should have been a Teddy Bridgewatsr pick in the red zone with a horrible play on the ball that actually gave what should have been an easy TD to Panthers (Moore dropped it though).

Nice to see Kmet with some plays. Robinson had an off game.  And Nagy had some straight up trash play calls today. He had some good ones but he gets cute way too often. Build up a real offense and than add some cute vs just being cute. 

Non Bears note: Adam Gase had to coach his final game for the Jets right?

I think he has nude photos of the GM. He was bad in Miami, but Is horrendous in NY. He should of been let go weeks ago, prior to the Bell release. 

51 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

I wonder if Jim Miller of the local Fox postgamer sees himself in Nick Foles.  Immobile, good leader, good field vision, nice touch at times, slightly better than mediocre.  I do.

Lol, Foles is mike Vick compared to Miller

9 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I agree very disappointed in Miller. That said, i don't think it's accurate to say he was a whiff of 2 second round picks. That year we picked James Daniels in the 2nd, then traded a future 2nd for a 2nd that year. So it was the equivalent of losing just one second rounder.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I agree very disappointed in Miller. That said, i don't think it's accurate to say he was a whiff of 2 second round picks. That year we picked James Daniels in the 2nd, then traded a future 2nd for a 2nd that year. So it was the equivalent of losing just one second rounder.

Sorry - I should say a 3rd and a 2nd (cause his pick was a waste as was the 2nd we gave up).  

I didn't really pay attention to the schedule when it first came out and now just look up week-by-week to see what time the game's on, but I was shocked to see the first Packers matchup isn't until Week 12.

Anyway by the transitive property of Bears > TB > GB, the Bears are clearly the best team in the NFCN this year!

Bears have to be making a move for Spain of the Bills, who was just cut. Sounds like it had more to do with a disagreement in the lockeroom with coaches/other items than his play. He also worked with Castillo back when he was in Buffalo and well - the Bears line is not good, so if I were them I'd be pretty aggressive in making this move (albeit- in season moves are always tough and olines more than any other position benefit so much from consistency and cohesion).  

But with the Bears oline - which is putrid (year 2 and running) - I'll take my chances.  

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

Bears have to be making a move for Spain of the Bills, who was just cut. Sounds like it had more to do with a disagreement in the lockeroom with coaches/other items than his play. He also worked with Castillo back when he was in Buffalo and well - the Bears line is not good, so if I were them I'd be pretty aggressive in making this move (albeit- in season moves are always tough and olines more than any other position benefit so much from consistency and cohesion).  

But with the Bears oline - which is putrid (year 2 and running) - I'll take my chances.  

The talk for the last month has been about the running game.  All you have to do is look at who was drafted on the O line in the last 5 years and you see the problem.

How many WR's are drafted compared to O Line.

On 10/22/2020 at 12:41 PM, Harry Chappas said:

The talk for the last month has been about the running game.  All you have to do is look at who was drafted on the O line in the last 5 years and you see the problem.

How many WR's are drafted compared to O Line.

Pace has drafted more OL than WR

27 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Will be fine to not see Demetrius Harris dropping passes anymore 

This is Nagys problem - he gives too many reps to his lesser players. Don’t get cute - If kmet is good, give him the ball. Same with Patterson - we give him way too many carries. I legit can’t remember a worse rushing attack in franchise history than last year and this years bears. 

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

This is Nagys problem - he gives too many reps to his lesser players. Don’t get cute - If kmet is good, give him the ball. Same with Patterson - we give him way too many carries. I legit can’t remember a worse rushing attack in franchise history than last year and this years bears. 

Montgomery is a huge disappointment.  The line is bad but he can’t make anyone miss.