NFL Thread 2020-2021

bmags

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Less than a minute a run and then a two yard pass to keep the clock running. 

They need to Renteria Nagy.

That play makes sense at the end of a drive trying to get proper placement for the kicker.  Not at the beginning of it when you are fighting the clock.

2 hours ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Never thought I'd say it but Foles is making me want Trubisky in again.

It is very clear that this is true. Foles has had some just awful games and this was very much one of them. And Nagy needs to stop using certain players and just focus on having the best guys on the field period. Graham is not allowed unless it is red zone - Patterson just not allowed period. Etc. 

I actually was surprised. Oline wasn’t terrible today. They had some bad plays but not near as bad as I expected. Quite a few sacks were on Foles. 

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Immediately back pedaled on 4th down for no reason at all. He looks like a high school QB this half.

Pretty much all game, Aikman was saying what i was saying. I don’t know if that is good or bad...but my wife was in shock that my complaining was being regularly justified by Troy.  Mitch needs to be the QB at this point. I can’t justify Foles anymore. Offense has been much worse. I don’t know that Mitch will be better but he at least gives another dimension the defense has to consider. 

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Pretty much all game, Aikman was saying what i was saying. I don’t know if that is good or bad...but my wife was in shock that my complaining was being regularly justified by Troy.  Mitch needs to be the QB at this point. I can’t justify Foles anymore. Offense has been much worse. I don’t know that Mitch will be better but he at least gives another dimension the defense has to consider. 

Mitch struggled to move the ball on a bottom 3 defense and got benched for that. Foles sucks but he’s the best option. That’s also falls on Pace and Nagy

Honestly if they were smart they would play mitch. But Nagy wouldn't use him right so what's the point?

Foles is good for a few throws when the pocket holds up, the problem is it rarely does. At least with Mitch you can utilize his legs. 

Last 2 weeks showed you prime examples of how you should use Mitch. You see how often Goff booted out of the pocket because of the bears pass rush?? That gives you more time to throw, or like Goff did a few times, pick up chunks of yardage. 

Or look at Taysum Hill today. The defense knew what was coming when Hill was under center and Hill still gashed the D. Those were designed runs. Mitch doesn't always just have to run the ball when a play breaks down, draw up some designed runs for him as well.

I want 2018 Mitch back damnit. 

If we have a better OLine and Foles would be the better option (even then, I’m not sure why he’s throwing off his back foot all the time when he didn’t have to). We don’t, so I rather go with Trubisky so he could use his legs to make play.

4 hours ago, chw42 said:

A well coached team doesn't meltdown like that. You can complain about lack of execution all you want, but the Bears screwed themselves with penalties on offense that were entirely preventable. The Wims thing is also just inexcusable. 

Cut Wims and elevate Ridley. Give the former fourth round pick a shot instead of running a former seventh round pick out there. They have seen enough of what Wims can do, change up personnel and put Ridley in.

11 hours ago, The Beast said:

Cut Wims and elevate Ridley. Give the former fourth round pick a shot instead of running a former seventh round pick out there. They have seen enough of what Wims can do, change up personnel and put Ridley in.

Don't need to cut him just make him inactive and Ridley active. I really don't need to see Wims ever again but he can still just be inactive.

On 11/1/2020 at 6:59 PM, fathom said:

I feel like I heard Mack’s name once the whole game. 

Yeah a TFL, sack and FF. Awful game

On 11/1/2020 at 6:57 PM, southsideirish71 said:

Well this Chuck Pagano defense isnt as good as previous bears defenses.  

Well yeah. Eddie Jackson does nothing anymore, they're missing a top 3 NT in football, and Robert Quinn sucks. Yet, they're still one of the top 10 D's in football. 

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

So the entire Packers running backs core might be either injured or on the Covid list on Thursday.  That's not good 

With SF down Garropolo and Kittle, the game should be a 6-3 score.

8 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

So the entire Packers running backs core might be either injured or on the Covid list on Thursday.  That's not good 

Same with the Bears offensive line Sunday. 

Spriggs tested positive for Covid today and Ifedi is in quarantine, though has not tested positive. Massie was placed on IR and Whitehair is still out. 

Leno could be the only week 1 starter on the OL starting Sunday.