NFL Thread 2020-2021

bmags

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Words can’t describe how bad that 4th and 1 call was

I also want to know what Allen Robinson was doing. He had to get that first down (and should have easily had it on the play before). I get the oline but Mitch is better and Nagy is not a good OC. 

On 11/4/2020 at 3:00 PM, Balta1701 said:

Apparently Trubisky played one snap Sunday, ran for 3 yards, and hurt his shoulder in the process.

Severely too - it’s too bad cause with this oline he is clearly a better option in my humble opinion. 

• Like 1

Nagy has to go. Pace has to go. Let’s just forget how he picked Trubisky over Mahomes  and Watson so much so he gave up draft capital to move up one spot. How he has not addressed this offensive line with any significance with the exception of drafting Daniels is football executive criminal.

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I question  how much is pace. He hasn’t been perfect but he has found some good pieces in draft - despite some high profile misses. 

Like it or not, he actually traded up to get Trubisky. 

If he had some other saving grace like a number of playoff runs you could overlook that bust, but 1 playoff team in 6 years, 0 wins, and a bust of a first round QB? The only place you can perform that poorly and keep your job is in a Reinsdorf run organization.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Like it or not, he actually traded up to get Trubisky. 

If he had some other saving grace like a number of playoff runs you could overlook that bust, but 1 playoff team in 6 years, 0 wins, and a bust of a first round QB? The only place you can perform that poorly and keep your job is in a Reinsdorf run organization.

I don’t have an issue dumping him - I just hate the consistent restarts the bears always do. Sucks to be at this point again. And I really wonder how bad is Mitch at this point. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

2nd and 16. 3 yard pass.

3rd and 13, screen pass that would have lost 3 yards is fumbled for a TD. Fire Nagy before you get on the plane home.

I watched very little of this game because there is no real reason to watch the Bears, but I saw this play. This play was pathetic. Third and 13, let's throw a screen pass behind the line of scrimmage and turn it into a 16-yard play.  Not to mention it was purely executed from the start and it fooled no one. The fumble was inevitable because this play was so bad. Yes, Nagy needs to go, but so do many others. Remember when the media was ripping fans because we didn't believe in this first place team? Well, we knew horse shit when we saw it. But don't worry, Foles is being positive.

18 hours ago, Soxfest said:

Montgomery 2 yrs of nothing, bring Lamar Miller up from practice squad. Can’t be any worse.

I'm not sure what you expect from him behind that offensive line. 

I mean the Bears played 2 guys that were on the practice squad, Ifedi is playing guard for the first time this year, Coward is a DT convert who had been playing OG and played OT yesterday, and Leno is just the shiniest turd.

Idk how they get it done but this team needs 3 new offensive linemen. Both tackles and a OG.

Anyone notice Jets offense picked up since Gase gave up play calling.  I have to think Nagy is making that switch.  By the way - how are the Jets with Joe Flacco putting up 27 points against Patriots.  Is the Pats plan all along to secretly tank for a new QB and than start over.  

20 hours ago, scs787 said:

I'm not sure what you expect from him behind that offensive line. 

I mean the Bears played 2 guys that were on the practice squad, Ifedi is playing guard for the first time this year, Coward is a DT convert who had been playing OG and played OT yesterday, and Leno is just the shiniest turd.

Idk how they get it done but this team needs 3 new offensive linemen. Both tackles and a OG.

Yea the line was shit on Sunday, but yet the game played out the same as all year.   The highest penalized team in the league , worst offense, great defense.  Quite a mix

On 11/8/2020 at 11:13 AM, Chisoxfn said:

I also want to know what Allen Robinson was doing. He had to get that first down (and should have easily had it on the play before). I get the oline but Mitch is better and Nagy is not a good OC. 

I've pretty much quit watching the Bear's except when I have nothing much else  to do. Some of it is football in general pisses me off as a league but the Bear's specifically do not know how to compete. It seems to me that the Bears operate in cycles. They fire a coach and once in awhile a GM but nothing really changes. For years the problem with this team has been the offensive line and even when they have a quarterback who is mobile, he has other warts including a lousy coach who calls stupid plays and makes bad decisions. 

So now we are at the end of another typical Bear's failed cycle. They wasted a good to great defense and now face the reality of a screwed up rebuilding honchoed by a stupid ownership group. The Bears are a joke. They've been a joke for a long time and as long as the McCaskey family runs the team they will never get better. Never.