NFL Thread 2020-2021

bmags

On 11/9/2020 at 9:51 PM, Chisoxfn said:

Anyone notice Jets offense picked up since Gase gave up play calling.  I have to think Nagy is making that switch.  By the way - how are the Jets with Joe Flacco putting up 27 points against Patriots.  Is the Pats plan all along to secretly tank for a new QB and than start over.  

I thought the same thing.  Aren't they missing a good number of players that are sitting out the season for COVID? 

Lazor is officially calling plays. I don't know if that will really change things, but at the very least, I think Nagy tends to overthink everything and letting Lazor just focus on this and making sure we maximize the useage of our best players is the right way to go. I don't know that Nagy in the midst of everything can keep track of all the snaps and personell stuff so hopefully this helps the balancing act.  That said - with this makeshift oline it will be hard to see anyway.

I do think if Foles plays bad and/or Bears lose to Vikings because of his performance, we are staring at Trubisky being the starting QB following the bye week (presuming his shoulder is okay).  

On 11/11/2020 at 5:00 PM, Harry Chappas said:

I thought the same thing.  Aren't they missing a good number of players that are sitting out the season for COVID? 

More opted out for the Pats than for any  other team. That and Brady’s cap holds would have made this tough for NE even if they had no outbreaks. That said, they need to reload.

8 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

That pick on Foles - tough play for Miller...just a bad throw by Foles.  He had Miller open for a pretty nice play with a better throw.  

An NFL WR catches that 10/10 times. Tired of the excuses for Anthony Miller. The dude is not very good at all. 

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If this offense doesn’t get Pace & Nagy fired, I’m not sure what will.  Maybe I’m going to crazy from the absolute boringness of this offense, but Cordarelle fucking Patterson has been the focal point tonight.  That’s completely unacceptable and it’s officially time for real change.

How is it possible to have such a boring, no skill offense?  Foles looks like a high school QB out there who’s never audibled.

Just now, fathom said:

How is it possible to have such a boring, no skill offense?  Foles looks like a high school QB out there who’s never audibled.

I literally am more attentive watching random games I have no vested interest in than watching this shit-show.  Like I get Montgomery is out, but how in the fuck is Patterson next on the depth chart?  And I like what I’ve seen from Mooney, but how is he our #2 WR as a rookie?  Outside of Robinson, there literally isn’t a single plus skill player on the entire offense.  It’s totally unacceptable in this day and age.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

How embarrassing for Griese to blame Miller for not catching that

Yeah - that was just another play where Foles blew it. There was the pick to Miller that was a bad throw (and should have been an easy play); There was this play to Miller (tough throw but clean enough pocket for Foles to make a play) and than there was a pass to Robinson down the seam that Foles threw a lame duck instead of a good strike. All 3 would have been big plays and went horribly the other way. 

Nick Foles can't ad-lib or really do anything off schedule and you can see that this team is not rallying around him at all.  Not saying he is the only problem and this clearly shows this offense has bigger issues. Maybe scheme is the issue who knows. I just know if Trubisky is healthy - you need to turnt he reigns to him after the bye week - period. No excuse to not.  Foles has done everything worse as far as I'm concerned and basically had 1 good quarter this whole season (Mitch had twice as many haha).  

1 hour ago, fathom said:

That play design on that 3rd down before the FG was so bad. Two guys ending up at the same exact spot.

Yeah - there were a chunk of those today. I literally think the whole scheme is just too cute; too much trying to mad scheme people open and not enough putting your players in best place to give them preferred matchups.  Now I still think the Bears find a way to win this. Missed PAT's always come back to haunt teams. It's happening and no matter what magic Foles works - I'm still switching QB's!