NFL Thread 2020-2021

bmags

1 hour ago, bmags said:

No team in history more dominant than the Chicago bears with nothing to play for except making their future harder

Truer words have never been spoken.  I don’t even watch the games anymore because no good can come from winning at this point.  We need to clear house and tank for draft position, but a few meaningless wins are all but a certainty with this fucking franchise.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

One difference between the Bears and Packers: When the Packers lead the Lions by 10 in the final minutes, the Packers win. When the Bears lead the Lions by 10 in the final minutes, the Bears lose.

Yeah.. that's a difference alright. It probably ranks as like 457 on the list of important differences, but a difference nonetheless

3 hours ago, bmags said:

No team in history more dominant than the Chicago bears with nothing to play for except making their future harder

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Truer words have never been spoken.  I don’t even watch the games anymore because no good can come from winning at this point.  We need to clear house and tank for draft position, but a few meaningless wins are all but a certainty with this fucking franchise.

Aaaand if the Bears win next week Nagy and Pace have saved their jobs, which would be a fucking disaster. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

34 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Soooo. Bill Lazor for HC????

I'm being slightly sarcastic here but man, since he's taken over the play calling the offense has really started to roll. I feel like they're finally using Mitch the way he should be used. 

Which is to say don't let him throw downfield because he's bad at it.  He did have one nice medium length completion. But it all seems different if the O line holds of the rush and somehow it's managing to do it.  They wouldn't try to hold on to him, would they?  I wouldn't.

42 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Which is to say don't let him throw downfield because he's bad at it.  He did have one nice medium length completion. But it all seems different if the O line holds of the rush and somehow it's managing to do it.  They wouldn't try to hold on to him, would they?  I wouldn't.

Funny what a competent OL and better play calling can do, right?

I look at Mitch in the same vein as Darnold. I could see them going to another team and having success with better coaching. If they keep playing like this, I think you have to consider bringing him back if the price is right. I know I won't be in the majority on that. 

18 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Weird what happens when your offensive line does what it is supposed to, and you establish the run!

Definitely a better oline, but also just the roll outs, use of Mitches mobility, and motion makes offense less predictable re:run v pass and plays to trubs strengths.