NFL Thread 2020-2021

bmags

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Play design was awful on that INT

Yeah - Mitch shouldn’t have thrown it but the play design was bad. Leads me to believe someone made a mistake. My guess was that was supposed to go to Allen Robinson and Holtz ended up in wrong spot. Either way - Mitch still played real well. He was rolling in first half - though momentum went the other way a bit in second half but he still had a lot of solid 3rd down throws and there was that one Wims drop. 

Defense wasn’t great but did enough in the end and they were playing down in the secondary. 

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Definitely a better oline, but also just the roll outs, use of Mitches mobility, and motion makes offense less predictable re:run v pass and plays to trubs strengths.

He was decisive, accurate and confident. He also ran better than he has since 2018. He’s putting a real nice stretch together. 

Would be awesome to see him keep rolling and they win out. Ideally get in playoffs too. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Regardless of what happens to end this season, Pace and Nagy should be whacked. 

Nagy should not be allowed to get away with saving his job because he fired himself. If anything, it's a huge indictment of his decision making and talent evaluation. 

Can they keep Lazor and hire Fitz? 

I know they've played bad teams, but I continue to just love the play calling. 

I hope the Packers lose to the Titans next week and have something to play for. Pack have a solid pass defense so it'd be nice to see what Mitch can do. 

3 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Nagy should not be allowed to get away with saving his job because he fired himself. If anything, it's a huge indictment of his decision making and talent evaluation. 

I’m starting to think that Nagy keeps his job if they win the last two games.

2 hours ago, scs787 said:

Can they keep Lazor and hire Fitz? 

I know they've played bad teams, but I continue to just love the play calling. 

I hope the Packers lose to the Titans next week and have something to play for. Pack have a solid pass defense so it'd be nice to see what Mitch can do. 

Pat Fitzgerald? He shouldn’t be coaching in the NFL, it’s an entirely different beast than coaching at Northwestern.

13 minutes ago, bmags said:

I have no opinion on what the bears should do anymore. But I would rather they make the playoffs at this point than not.

When the Bears lost to the lions a couple weeks back I was relieved for tank purposes, of course now it stings in hindsight. 

3 minutes ago, 102605 said:

Why because they could scrap into the playoffs better?  They would get their doors blown off in the first round anyways.  This team needs to lose so they can realize how deep the rebuild and reset of the front office needs to go.

The problem is they already won 5 games when they started to tank. So would they pick 13th instead of 18th? Not that big a deal to me.

15 hours ago, lostfan said:

Trubisky is not a great QB. He is probably not even a good QB. But we've seen more than our fair share of straight up awful QBs and he really isn't that.

I think he can be a good game manager, but he would to have a solid running game behind him. He will not be a Rodgers or a Brees. But you are right. Greatness will never be a part of his game.

21 hours ago, bmags said:

I mean damn. Credit where it’s due- the offense is finally making sense

Its crazy.  His entire career Mitch has done great in the hurry up and two minute offense.  FINALLY Nagy decides to run the offense that way all of the time, and what a shock it works for him.  He isn't a downfield QB.  Now we recognize it 4 games before his contract is up.

23 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Wow, that's a bit strong. 😮

I would keep Pace.  He's done a lot of good things and deserves a chance to see it thru.  I would fire Nagy. I loved the hire and really wanted him to succeed but his stubbornness sabotaged the season and that's a fireable offense. I would bring back Mitch and hire a coach who actually likes him and is willing to run an offense that makes him better.   I think it would set them back too far to find a new QB.  They need to acquire two new tackles thru the draft and free agency and shore up the D line.  This team is close.

Edited by Harold's Leg Lift
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I would keep Pace.  He's done a lot of good things and deserves a chance to see it thru.  I would fire Nagy. I loved the hire and really wanted him to succeed but his stubbornness sabotaged the season and that's a fireable offense. I would bring back Mitch and hire a coach who actually likes him and is willing to run an offense that makes him better.   I think it would set them back too far to find a new QB.  They need to acquire two new tackles thru the draft and free agency and shore up the D line.  This team is close.

I would probably let them both play out at this point. One piece of it is the number of teams now hiring both, the recent relative success. But they need to complete this resurgence.

Hiring would look a lot better next year when a lot of cap issues get remedied, there's no fans in stands issues, etc. 

I really thought they had a shot at Wilson for a bit. Now, I think you have freedom to either take a guy if you like him, but also load up on Oline.

42 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

The Lions are a joke of a franchise. And the Bears may lose a shot at making the playoffs because they blew a late 10-point lead to this team.

Either that or they could miss the playoffs because Robbie Gould just missed his first FG of less than 50 yards in quite a while.