NFL Thread 2020-2021

bmags

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

image.jpeg

Pace can be included dere. 

Time will tell what their decision is but I just do not see Nagy being the one getting fired. Pace traded for and drafted Trubisky. Nagy may have wanted Foles but Pace made the move and also fucked their salary cap situation. Something tells me that the amount of openings, a late season surge and the financial impacts of the pandemic will save Nagy’s job.

13 hours ago, The Beast said:

Bears still have a shot, unless you hate Nagy and want them to lose the last two.

The Bears can't be so arrogant that they look past Jacksonville. This game now really means something and so it will be a good test. Beating the Packers even if Green Bay really won't need the game? Not likely, but if the Bears want to act like a real playoff team, they will have to find a way to beat Rogers. But first there is Jacksonville.

15 hours ago, The Beast said:

Bears still have a shot, unless you hate Nagy and want them to lose the last two.

Yeah, you're probably right.

It's better for the BEARS to win out, make their draft position shittier, all so that they can lose in the first round of the playoffs this year, AND keep the fucking geniuses in place that made this team such a juggernaut.

1 hour ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

It's better for the BEARS to win out, make their draft position shittier, all so that they can lose in the first round of the playoffs this year, AND keep the fucking geniuses in place that made this team such a juggernaut.

Better get your Glennon and Rodgers jerseys on and start cheering then.

Just now, The Beast said:

Better get your Glennon and Rodgers jerseys on and start cheering then.

I just wonder if THIS roster, with THIS coaching staff, and THAT front office has a chance to win the super bowl.

I also wonder if THIS team can win THIS super bowl. To me, I don't believe so. I believe the organization would be better off to fire everyone, and start the rebuild.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

It's gonna be a mid round pick regardless of what happens.  The fuck up already happened, there is no going back now, might as well turn off your plans for the future draft and just watch for pure fan game day purposes 

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

It's gonna be a mid round pick regardless of what happens.  The fuck up already happened, there is no going back now, might as well turn off your plans for the future draft and just watch for pure fan game day purposes 

Bingo.

Late game last night: down 1 with 1:05 left, 3rd and goal at the 1, Dolphins with no timeouts. Raiders opted to kneel, run the clock down and kick the FG. Dolphins hit one deep pass, tacking on a roughing penalty, and get a FG to win.

So, if your choices are to be up 5 or 7 (depending on whether or not you make the 2 pt conversion) with 1:01 left or up 2 with 0:19 left, doesn't taking the TD give you a higher win probability?

7 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Late game last night: down 1 with 1:05 left, 3rd and goal at the 1, Dolphins with no timeouts. Raiders opted to kneel, run the clock down and kick the FG. Dolphins hit one deep pass, tacking on a roughing penalty, and get a FG to win.

So, if your choices are to be up 5 or 7 (depending on whether or not you make the 2 pt conversion) with 1:01 left or up 2 with 0:19 left, doesn't taking the TD give you a higher win probability?

Honestly one of the dumbest things I have seen Gruden do.  I know there was 24 seconds left and Dolphins had no time outs and no room for error, but ffs you want to stomp them out when you get the chance.  Gruden gave them life and fitzmagic (and an all time terrible penalty by Arden Key) did the rest

40 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Right, so I don’t get why people want them to lose further. It’s possible George has already made up his mind with the losing streak and some late season wins won’t change his mind. Pace might be the one to go since his deal is shorter than Nagy. We’ll see.

49 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

I just wonder if THIS roster, with THIS coaching staff, and THAT front office has a chance to win the super bowl.

I also wonder if THIS team can win THIS super bowl. To me, I don't believe so. I believe the organization would be better off to fire everyone, and start the rebuild.

Who made THIS roster? (And for your argument who hired THIS coaching staff?) Why is THIS roster underperforming? Coaching alone? I call bull. This team probably can’t win THIS Super Bowl for a collection of reasons. And there are a lot of reasons you could argue for getting rid of Pace and Nagy but a lot of counter arguments that are ignored by members of this fan base (not you) who either just want to b****, have meatball thoughts about coaches like Ditka who get “fired up, care and win” or just want change. Good luck finding that change in a year of teams with lots of staffing needs and with revenue loss. 

36 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I'm just gonna hope for a fun late surge.  Ruin some plans and fuck some shit up like the Titans did last season when they were left for dead. 

I’m watching for pure entertainment purposes. We can’t do much anyway with COVID so we might as well be entertained.