NFL Thread 2020-2021

bmags

4 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Running is fine to make sure you don't give Brees the ball back. But that play call is terrible. So many other creative calls could have been made.

YOU PLAY TO WIN.  Do a bootleg, do something.  They attempted 2 downfield throws and both were effective (one nice catch and one drop). Outside of that they have been all within like 5 yard distance. SO EASY FOR SAINTS TO DEFEND.  SO EASY.  You can not win doing that.  One throw to Robinson (and that isn't on Mitch - the play calling is literally 2 second and a quick throw to a covered guy who is 3 yards down the field - they aren't even letting Mitch play). If that is the case, just go to Foles Nagy. 

But the way the Bears have called plays last week and this week should tell everyone what they think of Mitch. There will be a new QB in Chicago next year (assuming Nagy is the head coach). I don't get it - they finally did something decent when their backs were against the wall and they finally had to play; now they have just reverted back to the same offense I saw for weeks with Foles at the helm (predictable, vanilla, and putrid).  

2 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Running is fine to make sure you don't give Brees the ball back. But that play call is terrible. So many other creative calls could have been made.

Just running right up the middle into walls of defensemen is not only the best way to lose, it's the most boring football to watch.

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

YOU PLAY TO WIN.  Do a bootleg, do something.  They attempted 2 downfield throws and both were effective (one nice catch and one drop). Outside of that they have been all within like 5 yard distance. SO EASY FOR SAINTS TO DEFEND.  SO EASY.  

They needed 2 yards. Playing to win is getting the 1st down and attacking.

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

YOU PLAY TO WIN.  Do a bootleg, do something.  They attempted 2 downfield throws and both were effective (one nice catch and one drop). Outside of that they have been all within like 5 yard distance. SO EASY FOR SAINTS TO DEFEND.  SO EASY.  

And he's gonna be back next year

1 minute ago, Soxbadger said:

They needed 2 yards. Playing to win is getting the 1st down and attacking.

So you run straight into the middle of a very good defense with RYAN NALL?  NO. Playing to win involves throwing a ball downfield and giving different looks. Right now the Saints haven't had to cover much anything. No intermediate throws, no outside zone runs mixed in, etc.  Way too vanilla and way too easy to defend (with exception of the trick play).  

3 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Bears have absolutely no confidence in Trubisky

Very evident that with this regime in charge, Mitch will not be there first choice.  I feel for Mitch - he hasn't even had a chance in this game.  No one would with this game plan.  I wanted him to go balls to the walls - 4 picks or 4 TDS today.  The only blessing is the pass rush has been okay and defense has looked solid.  They will need a few more turnovers in 2nd half to do this - but offense needs to come out and play a great half.  

Bill Cowher - yes please; Maybe this is Cowher interviewing for a gig with the Bears. 

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

So you run straight into the middle of a very good defense with RYAN NALL?  NO. Playing to win involves throwing a ball downfield and giving different looks. Right now the Saints haven't had to cover much anything. No intermediate throws, no outside zone runs mixed in, etc.  Way too vanilla and way too easy to defend (with exception of the trick play).  

The play call is terrible. But id have had no problem if they ran a legitimate run play or tried something like a fly sweep or option.

Even a straight QB boot. It may have been an option for Mitch, if he kept it he probably gets the first down.

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This offense is brutal.  Pace, Nagy, & Mitch all need to go even if we pull out a miracle today.

I don't know that Mitch had anything to do with the offense. He isn't good - but with the play calling we saw in the 1st half, you could have asked a high school QB to make the same throws Mitch did (and same reads).  In 2nd half - Mitch threw some nice balls to Robinson - about time. But penalties and negative plays. 

Anthony Miller is one of the worst Bears wideouts I can remember.  He does so much bad and was such a horrific miss by the Bears.  I think he has played his last game. I didn't even have to look to know who probably had the unsportsmanlike conduct. I already assumed it was going to be Miller.  And with Mooney out that is a huge blow. Is Ridley active?  This is where we will see Ridley have a good 2nd half and further indict Nagy's inability to identify and maximize his talent.  

Just now, fathom said:

Hopefully that’s it for Miller as a Bears player 

yes please. In the athletic piece, there was a quote from a scout, which basically said he can't be trusted. Not in his route running, not in his ability to make decent decisions.  He can get open - but it doesn't matter when no one trusts you.  

And just like that - no pass rush and Brees finds Michael Thomas.  

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

I don't know that Mitch had anything to do with the offense. He isn't good - but with the play calling we saw in the 1st half, you could have asked a high school QB to make the same throws Mitch did (and same reads).  In 2nd half - Mitch threw some nice balls to Robinson - about time. But penalties and negative plays. 

Anthony Miller is one of the worst Bears wideouts I can remember.  He does so much bad and was such a horrific miss by the Bears.  I think he has played his last game. I didn't even have to look to know who probably had the unsportsmanlike conduct. I already assumed it was going to be Miller.  And with Mooney out that is a huge blow. Is Ridley active?  This is where we will see Ridley have a good 2nd half and further indict Nagy's inability to identify and maximize his talent.  

That CB must be a real ass..  that is the second time with the Bears and Thomas was suspended during the season for an altercation with him during practice.

Just now, ptatc said:

That CB must be a real ass..  that is the second time with the Bears and Thomas was suspended during the season for an altercation with him during practice.

He is. I don't know what Miller did that Gardner didn't get the exact same issue.  He's known to be that way - but that is why you are coached to turn it into an advantage. I.e., let the Saints guy get the penalties. You know he's going to be loud and annoying, etc - but you have to know that and ignore it.