NFL Thread 2020-2021

bmags

7 hours ago, StrangeSox said:

I like it.  He's always been a guy who's been highly thought of on the defensive staff. Heck, you have to be in order to survive 3 coaching changes and stay on staff.  I like it more than going with a retread as often happens in football.  Let's see what he can do.

9 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You can't throw that flag there. 

They had to because the GB player was so flagrant in the hold. It was just a stupid decision because Johnson was hoping to get held there. If he doesn't hold him its probably incomplete. But King played a terrible game and his coverage on Miller to end the half was idiotic.

That being said there were several holds on Tampa that werent called.

Id have to see 3rd and goal again, but I felt Rodgers could have run for it. I also think they should have gone for it on 4th down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NWINFan said:

Rodgers throwing instead of running was something Mitch would have done. Kicking that late field goal was something the Bears would have done. The Packers played like the Bears today. Great. Another Super Bowl for lovable Tom Brady.

Except that the Bears actually beat Brady.

40 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Except that the Bears actually beat Brady.

Yes, they did, but Tampa was a different team back then. And they didn't beat Tampa in a NFC championship game. Finally, the Bears have not been to 10 Super Bowls. And I don't anticipate the Bears going to the Super Bowl this decade.

3 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

He may not say it in public but there is no way he isn't thinking that if GB took a WR in round 1 they are in the Super Bowl.

I legit believe the Bears would be at the top of his personal list of teams to join. I legitimately think he wants nothing more than to have a chance at sticking it to the Packers. And I'm not going to lie - I'm 100% okay if that happens :)

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Outside the box package for Watson: 2021 1st and 2nd,  Jaylon Johnson and Roquan Smith

I'd throw in a 2022 2nd if that wasn't enough

Then we have a QB but an aging, worsening defense, still a shitty OL, and no draft picks to improve. You still have a 7-8 win team, albeit a more exciting one.

20 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Then we have a QB but an aging, worsening defense, still a shitty OL, and no draft picks to improve. You still have a 7-8 win team, albeit a more exciting one.

Yeah, but the QB is 26 years old and the Bears would finally have that position solved. It will take a couple years to build around him.

At that point, they're moving on from the aging defense via cuts and re-investing those cap dollars into the offense.  Start re-building the D by trying to find undervalued players on the FA market and other ways. Plus, if Mack and Quinn are healthy they theoretically should still have a hell of a pass rush, even if they're weaker in the secondary. 

They still have some long-term pieces on the D even without Smith and Johnson in Jackson(if 2018 wasn't a fluke) Nichols and Goldman. Mack is still good so even though he's paid a lot and is older, he's going to be here for a while. 

2021 is going to suck either way, so why not just fix the QB position, which has been the Bears bugaboo for 70 years, and deal with the rest later? 

Edited by Jack Parkman