NFL Thread 2020-2021

bmags

2 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Bidding war = Bears are giving up too much to get him.

lol absolutely. I think Wentz is probably fixable, but I don't think he'll ever be the QB he was in 2017 pre-ACL injury. 

However, if I'm giving up at least a first round draft pick and picking up at least $60 million in guaranteed money, I better be getting a decent QB in return. Right now Wentz is not that. 

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

lol absolutely. I think Wentz is probably fixable, but I don't think he'll ever be the QB he was in 2017 pre-ACL injury. 

However, if I'm giving up at least a first round draft pick and picking up at least $60 million in guaranteed money, I better be getting a decent QB in return. Right now Wentz is not that. 

Fixable....by the Bears?!?!?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wow, if they get Wentz for a haul and he doesn't work out, between the 4 years they completely wasted by drafting Mitch and the damage done from a bad trade, Pace could be one of the worst GMs of all time. 

I'll wait to see what it costs, but if it's a lot, this is an absolutely brutal move and why you don't let lame duck coaches and GMs stick around, they don't care about anything but next year and it's not like the Bears are a good QB away from the Super Bowl. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SoxFan562004 said:

Wow, if they get Wentz for a haul and he doesn't work out, between the 4 years they completely wasted by drafting Mitch and the damage done from a bad trade, Pace could be one of the worst GMs of all time. 

I'll wait to see what it costs, but if it's a lot, this is an absolutely brutal move and why you don't let lame duck coaches and GMs stick around, they don't care about anything but next year and it's not like the Bears are a good QB away from the Super Bowl. 

^^^^^^^^

2 minutes ago, SoxFan562004 said:

They need a better offensive line before they bring in a QB who's only had success when he had an elite o-line blocking for him. 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

I’d rather roll with Trubisky over Wentz straight up with this OLine.  And to give up tons of picks- oh my

They should learn from the O'Brien/Hopkins fiasco and fire Pace before he has a chance to make this trade. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

10 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Glennon

Trubisky

Foles

Wentz!

4th time's the charm

FML why do they have to be so bad at finding a QB...

They not only make the incorrect decisions at QB but they make the absolute worst decisions that are obvious to everyone from jump. We wouldnt even need to see it play out to know this is fu***** stupid. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shipps said:

FML why do they have to be so bad at finding a QB...

They not only make the incorrect decisions at QB but they make the absolute worst decisions that are obvious to everyone from jump. We wouldnt even need to see it play out to know this is fu***** stupid. 

I know, right? 

51 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

If you didn't have to trade for them and the contracts weren't so bad, either Wentz or Carr would be decent options.

Giving a 1st or 2nd, not sure about that.  I'd take Carr, at least he is healthy all the time.

These contracts don't seem that bad to me. You don't take on the signing bonuses in a trade.

23 minutes ago, bmags said:

These contracts don't seem that bad to me. You don't take on the signing bonuses in a trade.

I just don't think they will be able to add a lot besides him and you have to give up a top tier draft pick when they haven't had a lot in the past few drafts.

Not sure Robinson is back in that case.  I bet he gets big money.

16 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

I just don't think they will be able to add a lot besides him and you have to give up a top tier draft pick when they haven't had a lot in the past few drafts.

Not sure Robinson is back in that case.  I bet he gets big money.

They can always franchise tag Robinson if they get someone like Wentz. But then like you said, they can't add anything on the o-line to protect him.