NFL Thread 2020-2021

bmags

4 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

The draft can be really fun and I enjoy the spectacle of it, but there is way too much instant opinion right after the draft on who did a good job and who did bad job on players who haven't played one snap. 

Got a full dose of that this year when the Packers didn't take a WR.  People are still doing articles about it after Rodgers threw 900 tds this year.

I think it was just especially bad with Allen because there was the draft nerd consensus on accuracy, and anyone drafting Allen was proof of the nfl front office stupid vs. draft hive. Then that year happens and it's back to just "well we know absolutely nothing" on whether a qb will succeed, but also after jimmy G and tannehill we can't even figure out who will stay good or bad.

21 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I don’t see Chiefs repeating. Maybe they are just bored but lately they haven’t looked quite as good. I think Bills could do it - that said - despite how they looked - I wouldn’t bet against Mahomes. 

As a Chiefs fan I feel the need to comment haha. I don't know if they're going to be able to repeat or not. They had a lot go their way last year matchup wise. I'm happy Baltimore and Tennessee have to play each other right away. Baltimore and Buffalo in my opinion and the two biggest threats to KC. Buffalo is playing lights out and I feel like Baltimore is due against KC after already losing to them 3 times the past 3 seasons. Baltimore is also playing very well.

To me the biggest problem for Kansas City is their offensive line. They're on plan D or E right now it seems. So many injuries and opt outs.....I get it, every team is going through issues especially during a pandemic season, but none the less, it's a problem for KC. They're basically getting 3 weeks off which also scares me because sometimes they get off to a super slow start, look like the best offense ever assembled for a 20 minute in game span, then either get cute on play calling or super bored and let teams back in it during the 4th quarter. I hope they come to play in the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think it was just especially bad with Allen because there was the draft nerd consensus on accuracy, and anyone drafting Allen was proof of the nfl front office stupid vs. draft hive. Then that year happens and it's back to just "well we know absolutely nothing" on whether a qb will succeed, but also after jimmy G and tannehill we can't even figure out who will stay good or bad.

This QB draft is going to be a lot like that.

11 minutes ago, bmags said:

Allen didn't come from a big school and a lot of the analysts held that against him.  Also his Jr year wasn't as eye popping as his sophomore year.  Mostly from what I remember, the competition argument pushed him down the board 

12 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Allen didn't come from a big school and a lot of the analysts held that against him.  Also his Jr year wasn't as eye popping as his sophomore year.  Mostly from what I remember, the competition argument pushed him down the board 

No the big thing was accuracy. People were calling him kyle boller 2.0, with dumb nfl front offices falling in love with arm talent over clear accuracy issues. He only threw for 57%. I mean Wentz was looking good at that point so the small school stuff was not near as big of a hit.

He also had a terrible game against Iowa to open up 2017 that was the first time draft twitter saw him, and so they were enraged when he was still linked as a first rounder.

On 1/5/2021 at 3:15 PM, bmags said:

No the big thing was accuracy. People were calling him kyle boller 2.0, with dumb nfl front offices falling in love with arm talent over clear accuracy issues. He only threw for 57%. I mean Wentz was looking good at that point so the small school stuff was not near as big of a hit.

He also had a terrible game against Iowa to open up 2017 that was the first time draft twitter saw him, and so they were enraged when he was still linked as a first rounder.

Not only has Josh been awesome with great  receivers he is quite a runner and physical specimen. Props go to Aaron Rodgers first. 

On 1/5/2021 at 2:45 PM, bmags said:

Also Wentz. Wentz was probably going to win MVP in 2017 had he not been injured. Look at him now. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Could the Bears get a discounted Tua?

Yeah not sure. If you are Houston and get the best deal for Miami you'd be getting back your (own) #3 overall pick. That is probably Zach Wilson.

Because they are getting Watson, Houston could likely get Tua, and thats the equivelant of 2 first round picks, plus more.

It depends on whether Houston would rather Tua or Wilson (or whomever they view as #3). If houston doesn't like Tua, it's possible bears could get him.

Risky as hell though after what he showed but I do think he's better than this year.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Yeah not sure. If you are Houston and get the best deal for Miami you'd be getting back your (own) #3 overall pick. That is probably Zach Wilson.

Because they are getting Watson, Houston could likely get Tua, and thats the equivelant of 2 first round picks, plus more.

It depends on whether Houston would rather Tua or Wilson (or whomever they view as #3). If houston doesn't like Tua, it's possible bears could get him.

Risky as hell though after what he showed but I do think he's better than this year.

Is Fields going number 2 (my god that’s an awful way to phrase it) to the Jets? 

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Is Fields going number 2 (my god that’s an awful way to phrase it) to the Jets? 

I guess I think so just based off of the reaction after his game vs. clemson. I don't really follow nfl draft stuff that closely though right now. I know wilson began being thought of as #2 for a bit, but Fields game was pretty incredible and that might hold some sway.

37 minutes ago, bmags said:

I guess I think so just based off of the reaction after his game vs. clemson. I don't really follow nfl draft stuff that closely though right now. I know wilson began being thought of as #2 for a bit, but Fields game was pretty incredible and that might hold some sway.

Alabama and Ohio State QBs have a history of looking great in college and fizzling out in the NFL. I wouldn't take him #2.

39 minutes ago, bmags said:

I've been following it a little.  If he plays well against Bama he may be mocked 1-1.  If he plays poorly he'll go back to 1-10 wher he was before the Clemson game. It's all about the recency bias. 

45 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Alabama and Ohio State QBs have a history of looking great in college and fizzling out in the NFL. I wouldn't take him #2.

I have to say though it was this kinda thought that led to Rodgers falling (tedford)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/37795-aaron-rodgers-will-flop-just-like-every-other-tedford-product

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

I have to say though it was this kinda thought that led to Rodgers falling (tedford)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/37795-aaron-rodgers-will-flop-just-like-every-other-tedford-product

If Rodgers had been drafted in the Top 3 by a team with a shitty OL, he may very well have flopped just like those others.

4 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I've been following it a little.  If he plays well against Bama he may be mocked 1-1.  If he plays poorly he'll go back to 1-10 wher he was before the Clemson game. It's all about the recency bias. 

I don't see any scenario where he jumps Lawrence.

• Like 1