bmags

NFL Thread 2020-2021

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

There are probably more impressive 0-2 teams than the Bears. 

Ok

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

The Bears are underdogs to the 0-2 Falcons next week. 

As well they should be. One problem is those long drives the defense gives up. You could see the defense running out of gas in the fourth quarter. When you give up a 95-yard scoring drive, you are on the field for a long time. Catches up with you sooner or later. Trubisky looks better, but the offense just isn't consistent. Maybe they will improve enough to score some points against the Falcons.

A win is a win - it wasn't a pretty 2nd half but the team looks like it is finding a solid identity on offense (around a power rushing attack).  They need to generate more points though and Miller had some really costly drops.  Should be an interesting game against the Falcons. Defense is going to give up points and offense is going to need to be able to score quite a bit to win.  

Something is up with Anthony Miller - dude has a monster game in week 1, than this week he has a couple huge drops, but he's also barely on the field. It is pretty evident to me via play calling / snaps, the Bears just don't like what they see out of him and they can't trust him or at least there is that belief.  Hope I'm wrong - because he seems to have the god given talent to play wideout.  

Maybe this is the wakeup call he needed - you can't jus rest on 1 great week - to deliver you got to do it week in and week out (and trust that the stats will show up when you flat out execute play in and play out).  

Mooney (sp?) brings some much needed speed to this offense.  One thing about the Bears offense - it is flat out SLOW.  

Everyone knows I hated the Trubisky pick, but here it goes: 

Mitch is an average QB who looks worse than he actually is because of the poor fit with Nagy's offense. 

He clearly has talent, but Nagy is trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. 

Quite frankly he's Jared Goff without the scheme fit. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

A win is a win - it wasn't a pretty 2nd half but the team looks like it is finding a solid identity on offense (around a power rushing attack).  They need to generate more points though and Miller had some really costly drops.  Should be an interesting game against the Falcons. Defense is going to give up points and offense is going to need to be able to score quite a bit to win.  

Yes, the defense is going to give up some points. It will give up points as the season progresses. It just isn't all that good. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-mitchell-trubiskys-improvement-makes-the-chicago-bears-a-playoff-team

Not sure I would buy it all - but would be great if he can keep building on things.  Eyes have definitely said he's been better, but point production still leaves a lot to be desired.  I've always said best thing that could possibly happen for Bears this season would be Mitch taking real steps forward.  

6 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-mitchell-trubiskys-improvement-makes-the-chicago-bears-a-playoff-team

Not sure I would buy it all - but would be great if he can keep building on things.  Eyes have definitely said he's been better, but point production still leaves a lot to be desired.  I've always said best thing that could possibly happen for Bears this season would be Mitch taking real steps forward.  

I wouldn't buy it. Too early to make that statement. If you take his hot 4th quarter away (you can't, but for the sake of argument), then for the 7/8 quarters so far he's basically the same QB as he was last year, and we played two pretty bad teams so far.

9 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

I wouldn't buy it. Too early to make that statement. If you take his hot 4th quarter away (you can't, but for the sake of argument), then for the 7/8 quarters so far he's basically the same QB as he was last year, and we played two pretty bad teams so far.

I don't disagree with what you said. My view is - give me 7 or 8 weeks and than I'll come to judgement.  I would be pretty slow to pull the trigger, but that is partly because I think pretty lowly of Foles.  If I were running the franchise, we would have had Cam as our QB.  

20 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

The Bears are underdogs to the 0-2 Falcons next week. 

Should be since they put up 39 points on Dallas.

6 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Everyone knows I hated the Trubisky pick, but here it goes: 

Mitch is an average QB who looks worse than he actually is because of the poor fit with Nagy's offense. 

He clearly has talent, but Nagy is trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. 

Quite frankly he's Jared Goff without the scheme fit. 

pretty much.

Wonder if all these injuries has anything to do with lack of preseason or just a bad week in the NFL. 

Feel like the product on the field has been good enough to cut preseason in half.  Couple of games for undrafted rookies and rookies with almost no vets playing at all.

13 hours ago, GoSox05 said:

Wonder if all these injuries has anything to do with lack of preseason or just a bad week in the NFL. 

Feel like the product on the field has been good enough to cut preseason in half.  Couple of games for undrafted rookies and rookies with almost no vets playing at all.

Seems like every couple of years we have one of those huge injury weeks where everyone blames either a. Too much preseason wear and tear, or b. Not enough preseason.

this season of course is weirder than every other one