Sox vs. Tigers. 9/11 - 7:10

Bad Hombre

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Mize has been out awhile.  Keep this at 3-0 and have some patient at bats against the kid.

The same thing happened in his last start against us. Dunning gave up a 3 spot and he ended up giving it right back. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tony said:

Because I've been reading the same garbage from @fathom for the last decade plus. Believe me, he knows how I feel, we've talked for years and he knows I like him a lot. 

But the chicken little bullshit gets old, and I'm going to call him on it. If YOU don't like....put me on ignore then. Problem solved. 

I was just asking a question.  Not trying to be confrontational.  

5 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

What can he possibly develop from facing this crappy Tigers lineup for 115+ pitches? In the playoffs he won’t need to throw that much as his hook will be much faster. I’d rather save his arm for then.

Learning to battle through and close out an inning. People b**** about the bullpen, which is actually doing a good job for the most part, but are worn thin from short outings. Giolito learning to pitch into the 7th on a consistent basis will help him and the club. The best pitchers in baseball do this consistently. Giolito isn't there yet, hope that one day he will be when he takes the next step.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

Better not get swept this weekend. Up only 4 on Tigers with the Sox pitching issues and remaining schedule could get scary.

This was the game we really needed with Lopez and a possible bullpen game on Sunday. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

I really would like to see Yaz catch Giolito's next start. Just in case McCann tweaks something in the playoffs, he needs to build some rapport with Lucas. 

Yeah and he needs to get used to Grandal as his regular catcher because he will be his catcher the next three years.  I dont sant him to overly rely on McCann for every single start as if he is a crutch. He has to start developing trust with Grandal.